cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Can I move my digital voice without breaking broadband contract

Superdews
Participant
Private Message
Message 7 of 7

I have the full fibre 150 with VOIP. I am wondering if I can move my phone to a dedicated VOIP service provider without breaking my broadband contract.?

I have anytime calls with TalkTalk but this can be cancelled at any time. Is it best to wait until the final month of my current contract?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

I can assure you we are working with City Fibre to get VIOP ASAP,  im not sure of the technical reasons for the hold-up, Sorry. 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

This is extremely poor. VOIP via CityFibre has been promised over and over again but is yet to materialise and here we are. I do not understand why, under the circumstances, we cannot use a 3rd party VOIP service and port the number. What happens when copper is finally switched off and still we do not have VOIP from TT on CityFibre, yes its a while away but at current speeds of rollout the switch off date will have passed before anything is done.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hi Superdews

Apologies  for the delay, but that is the same response I got, it would break the contract.  

Sorry.

0 Likes

mrwrighty
Enlightened One
Private Message
Message 4 of 7

Same boat here. The FTTP service is still linked to your copper service number and cannot be ported away. No VOIP on CityFibre either so copper and my slower FTTP serve will have to stay.

Superdews
Participant
Private Message
Message 5 of 7

I spoke to a gentleman in the "You are thinking of Leaving Team", about the option to port my number away from TalkTalk. He spoke to one of his managers who confirmed that this can't be done without terminating the contract. It seems that if you take out a full fibre contract with voice the two are linked and can't be separated. The end of the copper phone lines will mean that folks have to think carefully about what they need in terms of a VoIP telephone as a dedicated provider may offer more flexibility and a better service. However, as things stand at the moment it is probably easier to let your broadband provider take on responsibility for it.

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 7