cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Faulty Eero Pro 6

Iain2425
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 19

I received an additional Eero Pro 6, which strangely came in a different flatter box. I try and connect it and it will not connect displaying the following picture.

1000004910.png

I have restarted my network,.wired it to the main router. Gone through the setup again and it doesn't get past this step. My internet is stable and I've tried a hard reset and still it still shows the same.

I had no problem setting up my 2nd Eero so I don't think it's user error.

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18

Message 1 of 19

Hi

If you start your own thread (new message), we’d love to help.

We’ve found that posting in someone else’s conversation makes it harder to follow when looking for an answer.

It’s easier and quicker if we can chat with you in a single thread, if you start your own thread, that will keep our community organised and help others with a similar problem.

Check your home phone number or account number are also added to your Community Profile as that will really help us to find your details quicker.

Thanks

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Rhonna
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 19

Hello. 
can anyone help me with setting up a second eero please? 
my app doesn’t open with this screen. 

image.jpg

Rhones
0 Likes

Message 3 of 19

Hi Iain2425

That's great news, thanks for letting us know 🙂

I have sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Iain2425
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 19

Pleased to announce that this Eero has setup first try and has done the trick. My partner posted the faulty one back yesterday. 

Thanks for all the help

Message 5 of 19

OK, I've ordered the eero, it should be with you within a couple of working days. Please let us know how you get on

Chris

Message 6 of 19

That will be brilliant, I can get this one sent back. I won't be able to provide an update till Friday as I'm on my way to hospital where I will be until Friday but my partner she will be home to to sign for it. 

Nothing is wrong it was an expected epilepsy appointment.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 19

Ok thanks. I can send another eero as a replacement for the one that appears to be faulty, would you like me to arrange this?

Chris

Message 8 of 19

Hi Chris, when I spoke to the agent I asked if it was possible to get a 3rd Eero, I'm not sure if you just pay a  extra £6 a month. He said because I was on total fibre (or something like that) it was fine to have a 3rd. 

The reason for the 3rd is that there is a low signal in one area of the house (I have a lift in the middle of my house going up through the floors as I'm disabled. So I had asked if it was possible to get the 3rd to place within that area to avoid loss of signal.

I never asked for a replacement and the agent never mentioned a replacement. I assumed they were sending out the extra like I had requested. 

Hope that makes sense

Hope that

0 Likes

Message 9 of 19

Ok thanks. I've checked the two eeros that you currently have connected and everything looks OK. It appears that the agent that you spoke to has sent the 3rd eero as a fault replacement for one of the other two, but they appear to be functioning OK. Did the agent explain this when they spoke to you?

Chris

Message 10 of 19

Hi Chris 

Yeah still the same problem, nothing has changed.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 19

Hi Iain2425,

Thanks for that. Just to confirm, are you still experiencing the same issue?

Chris

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 19

Staff will follow up after the weekend, @Iain2425.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Iain2425
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 19

@Chris-TalkTalk I have added the account number 

0 Likes

Message 14 of 19

Hi Iain2425,

Could you add your TalkTalk home telephone number or account number to your community profile and we'll be happy to look into this for you

Chris

Message 15 of 19

Yeah it detects the Eero, immediately trys to connect and comes up with the error message so will not complete the setup. However it will show in the list of connected devices as Vantiva USA LLC. It just will not setup correctly despite network resets and hard resets.

0 Likes

Message 16 of 19

Hello,

Ok thanks for confirming. Did you follow these steps when trying to add the additional eero?

ADDING AN EERO TO YOUR NETWORK

Here's how to add a new eero to your existing network:

1. Open your eero app
  2. Tap the blue plus icon in the top right of your screen
  3. Now tap Add or Replace eero Devices
  4. Choose Add eero Device
  5. Follow the in-app instructions to add the eero to your network

Michelle

Message 17 of 19

Hi Michelle, no when I messaged, I explained there was a bit of a dead spot in my house that because of disability lift in my property being a big electric device. So I asked if it was possible to receive a 3rd Eero just to overcome the issue. 

I never mentioned slow speeds or anything like that, and never asked for a replacement. Although that does explain why there was a return envelope in this box. 

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 18 of 19

Hi Iain,

Can I just confirm, was this sent by our Faults/Customer Services team? Are you currently experiencing slower speeds/poor coverage with the 2 eeros you currently have?

Thanks

Michelle