cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Full Fibre 500, eero 6 - random devices losing internet connection

lee83dixon
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

i have had Full Fibre 500 since the start of August this year and up until last week i have been very happy with the service.  But last week my devices started losing internet connection, they are still connected to the wifi but no internet even when in range and other devices on the same network still have internet.  

I have full coverage of my house from one Eero 6 and have about 12 devices connected (not all always used at the same time).  there is no pattern to when the devices will drop out and this can vary from TV's to mobiles to laptops.  One perculiar thing is that my laptop connects to the wifi on the Eero but has no internet connection, if i connect to the TP_Link extender i use for my garage then i get an internet connection.

After a few phone calls i have been talked into buying a new eero 6, but i cant see how this will help.

Does anyone have any experience of this or can tell me why another eero would help in this situation?

Thanks

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 6

It might be WiFi interference.

Slow speed, intermittent dropouts, breaks in the signal or no signal on some or all devices or no internet access might be caused by Wi-Fi interference from other local networks, which can also lead to a permanent reduction in speed. No ISP can be responsible for your local environment, this is mainly a byproduct of the popularity of Wi-Fi.

Generally speaking, the 2.4GHz band suffers a lot more from interference than the much faster 5GHz band, but the 2.4GHz one can sometimes have a better range, but this all depends on your local area.

In other words, I try to help you optimise your Wi-Fi connection. The next stage involves sending out a guide to you to help you get me some important diagnostic results so that I can analyse them for you and recommend changes to your router configuration to solve them.

I only send this out to people who request it.

Whilst the eero is supposed to manage Wi-Fi interference, if this is very bad, particularly in the 2.4GHz band, then it cannot do anything about it, no router can. The same goes for any router at that point. Other things that may then need to be investigated are its location within your property and the WiFi bands that you use. It is possible that you may also need to purchase additional eero nodes as it is supposed to operate as part of a mesh system. I can help with any of this. However, I would suggest that you follow my help to find out what the root cause of the problem is, before throwing money at it.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Thanks for the questions.  The light never changes and I have - hard reset, soft reset power, on/power off.  tried everything, the internet is never down on all  devices just a couple at a time but can be any device at anytime.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

My Mistake Kiethfrench, it is a Eero pro 6

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 6

Hi @lee83dixon 

From my understanding of Full Fibre 500, you should have been provided with an eero Pro 6, not an eero 6. 

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Good morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. When this happens, do any of the lights change on the eero or the ONT please? Have you also tried rebooting the ONT and eero and retested the connection again?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes