cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Full Fibre Router Weak signal

michaelbas
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 8

My router has terrible range in my rooms upstairs im getting only 25-30 mbp/s, my mums room is the same. 

Downstairs im getting close to  150 mbp/s but go upstairs and its very low.

The router is placed in centre of house at the main stairway, my old router had great range but this new one is terrible.

I was hoping for a great fast internet experience but this has been very limited experience and disappointment

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi Michael,

How are you getting on, I can see that Keith has kindly offered to help you with this.

Chris

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 8

Hi @michaelbas 

I can help with all issues of WiFi performance and often get asked my TalkTalk to do this for them in cases such as these.

Slow speed, intermittent dropouts, breaks in the signal or no signal on some or all devices or no internet access might be caused by Wi-Fi interference from other local networks, which can also lead to a permanent reduction in speed. No ISP can be responsible for your local environment, this is mainly a byproduct of the popularity of Wi-Fi.

Generally speaking, the 2.4GHz band suffers a lot more from interference than the much faster 5GHz band, but the 2.4GHz one can sometimes have a better range, but this all depends on your local area.

In other words, I try to help you optimise your Wi-Fi connection. The next stage involves sending out a guide to you to help you get me some important diagnostic results so that I can analyse them for you and recommend changes to your router configuration to solve them.

I only send this out to people who request it.

The information below is provided by TalkTalk, for confirmation please contact @Debbie-TalkTalk or@Michelle-TalkTalk.

KeithFrench is one of our valued Community Stars and can help with a range of issues related to wireless and networking. At times he may ask you to send him test results via a Private Message to help analyse/diagnose an issue. Although Keith does not work for TalkTalk, he very kindly shares his time and knowledge to help with others.

If you need further help or, if we need to take any details such as personal information about your account like phone numbers, account numbers etc. one of the TalkTalk team will jump in and help out.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

@michaelbas, it's unusual for the Sagemcom hub to be so poor, which is why the first support question from staff was about whether it was the Eero (which tends to require a mesh system).

Having said that, I've noticed that my Hub 2 has slightly less reach in the garden compared with the older Hub.

So they can look into this for you when they return after the Bank Holiday. 

It sounds as though you are paying an awful lot for your package. Does this also include Boosts, like Supersafe and for Anytime Calls? TV?

Or are you out of contract? It may be that previous discounts have expired. 

If you ring 03451 720088 or use Chat, they should be able to set you up with a better deal, if you are OK being tied into a contract for 18 months / 2 years or whatever. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

michaelbas
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 8

Hello ive updated my personal details, the router is the talk talk wifi hub by Sagemcom, the one that was provided when engineers came to install. the router is placed in the same location as where my old router was... downstairs at the main doorway of my house.

before fibre i had internet through the phone line and the old router i got a signal all around the house,

this one gives me only 25-30 mbp/s upstairs, downstairs it full 152 mbp/s

I dont have a eero as i cant afford it.

Im paying 61 pounds a month for internet that i cant get the best speeds from because of weak router signal.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 8

Hi michael,

Do you still need assistance with this?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 8

Hi michael,

I'm sorry to hear this. Are you currently using an eero?

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

Which router do you have? If you would like the support team to look into this for you make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk phone number and/or account number are complete on your community profile (click here) so that they can link your forum identity with your account and then wait for them to respond.

0 Likes