cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Getting fibre150

GrahamP2
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 3

I live in a small community of six houses. Openreach have put fibre cables etc to a telegraph pole and then from there go underground to 5 of the properties. When my house was built an armour plated cable was installed and ran underground from the pole to my house. 4 of the properties are now able to connect to  fibre 150 if they are with talktalk, according to talktalk website. I have dug a trench, installed a pipe for fibre cable to run from telegraph pole to my house. All openreach engineers who have done the relevant work upto now have stated that the final cable installation would be a formality and should be done within about a month or so . This was back in late May 2024. I have contacted Talktalk by telephone but without any success. I really need an engineer to call out to my property to  verify the situation and hopefully get me connected. Other than this cable being required to run from the pole to my house I am lost as to why this cannot be done and do not understand why this matter is not being addressed 

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Hi GrahamP2 

Unfortunately FTTP is not available to your address at this time, until the package is available in our systems we cant offer it. 

The move towards full fibre is progressing and will become available in the future sadly we don't have a timescale for this. 

Sorry. 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

May was not so long ago, @GrahamP2

If it's not yet showing as available on the system, in similar situations so far the answer remains "not yet".

There is always only so much capacity for each network provider at an exchange etc at any one time.

You can see if Chat can offer advice on Sunday:

1000003175.jpg

Phone support is not available for this sort of thing on Sundays. 

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529

Staff will be back on Monday. 

For them to identify your address and account, please ensure that your profile is complete. Go via your avatar; settings; Personal Information.....SAVE CHANGES. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes