cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Grandstream not registering after factory reset

IDHFMH
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 19

I have had problems making and receiving calls for the past few days.  I was advised by the TalkTalk support BOT to perform a factory reset of the Grandstream DVA.  I have done this but now the DVA is failing to register my phone at all - only two blue lights are lit.   I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting my phone but that has not helped.

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18

Message 1 of 19

Hi IDHFMH

That's great news, thanks for letting us know 🙂

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 19

@Michelle-TalkTalk 

Michelle - the service seems to have been fine since I performed the 2nd reset.   Thank you

Message 3 of 19

Morning,

How has your VOIP service been over the last 4 days?

Thanks

Michelle

Message 4 of 19

Morning,

Thank you and please let us know how you get on. If this does happen again then please let us know and we can send a replacement DVA for testing purposes to rule this out.

Thanks

Michelle

Message 5 of 19

Michelle - Thank you

I have done this in the past but have done so again now.   Given that the problem is intermittent I will keep checking and let you know as soon as I spot it happening again.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 19

Morning,

I'm really sorry to hear this. Can I just confirm, have you tried the below? If this has already been completed then I can raise this straight over to our Faults Escalation Team.

RESETTING YOUR DIGITAL VOICE ADAPTER

If your Digital Voice adapter or router has stopped working, we may ask you to reset it to check everything's working as intended. To do this:

1. Insert a pin or straightened paper clip into the hole labelled “Reset” on your Digital Voice adapter.
  2. Slightly push and hold it in for up to 20 seconds; or until all the lights, apart from the power light, switch off. Once this happens release the reset button.

Factory reset of the device will take a full 15 minutes and you need to wait until the allotted time has passed for the full factory reset to be completed. After 15 minutes, check your Digital Voice adapter device and try to re-test to check if the issue resolved.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 7 of 19

@Debbie-TalkTalk @Michelle-TalkTalk 

I am sorry but the problem is happening again.  It usually clears after I power the Grandstream box off and on again.  Today we were unable to receive calls; last week we were unable to make them...  The problem is it's difficult to know what's an issue and what is simply the fact no-one is calling us.   This is becoming a frequent and very annoying issue.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 19

Good morning,

I'm really sorry to hear this. A VOIP issue was identified on Friday and an incident was raised. This has now been resolved over the weekend. How has your voice service been since Sunday please?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 9 of 19

Debbie

I am sorry to have to report that we are continuing to encounter issues with our telephone service.  This past week there have been two occasions when all outgoing calls are met with the 'engaged' tone.  I can power off our Grandstream device and switch it back on again and everything seems to be OK until the next time...   It seems that something needs to be reset to clear the issue.   Please let me know what action should be taken.

Thank you

0 Likes

Message 10 of 19

Hi IDHFMH

I'm so glad to hear that this is now working 🙂

Please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 11 of 19

Debbie - it wasn't working first thing but I disconnected and reconnected the power on the DVA and everything seems OK at the moment.   Thank you.

Message 12 of 19

Hi IDHFMH

Our engineers have identified the problem and are actively working to deploy the fix. We expect this to automatically update on your equipment in the early hours of the morning and your normal service to resume. We sincerely apologise and understand the inconvenience this has caused. Thank you for your patience whilst we have worked to resolve this issue.

Are you still experiencing this fault?

0 Likes

Message 13 of 19

Debbie - do you know whether the DVA will automatically register my phone when the network issue is resolved?

0 Likes

Message 14 of 19

Our Service status page has now been updated

We are aware customers with FTTP services are currently experiencing issues making and receiving calls, our engineers are aware of the issue and are working hard to a resove this. We will provide any updates here, we apologise for any inconvenience this is causing.

Service Status | TalkTalk Help & Support

0 Likes

Message 15 of 19

Thank you

Message 16 of 19

Hi IDHFMH

Thanks for confirming this.

Our Network/Incidents Team are looking at this now and I will post back as soon as I have further information.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 19

@Debbie-TalkTalk 

Debbie - we didn't notice the problem until yesterday.  When we tried to make calls, we just got an engaged tone and then some friends told us that they had not been able to call our landline.   The registration issue is only after performing the factory reset.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 18 of 19

Hi IDHFMH

Apologies for this.

Was this working ok prior to the last 2 days?

0 Likes