cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Help re-connecting wireless printer/scanner - new router

ANC_567
Team Player
Private Message
Message 44 of 44

Grateful for any help....

A month ago I changed to Full Fibre 65 and received a FAST 5464-2.T4 router. Since then it has been almost impossible to wireless connect my printer HP3050A J611n. It is on 2.4ghz band.

I've checked the wifi signal through the house, and actually the FAST 5464 seems no better if not worse than my old talktalk router, and to be honest the printer location ain't great (about-65dBm to -73dbm). However,  I've moved the printer near my router (about -35 dBm), but it still won't play ball.

I've tried countless WPS button set ups to connect the printer (it says the current configuration is WPA_PSK) but almost exclusively without success.

There is also a PIN set up option on printer wifi, but I've no idea where to get the PIN qnd where to enter it on my router settings (192.168.1.1).

I've seen suggestions of changing network names and SSID away from default (presumably having to reconnect all my other devices using this), but don't know if this would help.

Other thing I'm not sure about is all the stuff about (802.a/c/n??) or whatever those settings mean..can't remember what they actually are on modem and printer

As far as I know the drivers are as late as possible on printer

Where do I start? Do I also need to refer to HP help?

Many thanks

ANC
0 Likes
43 REPLIES 43

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 41 of 44

Thanks @KeithFrench  I find the HP printer instructions very confusing but always manage to get there in the end 🙂

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 42 of 44

The easiest way is always to change the new router's network name (SSID) & password to that of your old router.

The other way is to set the printer's Wi-Fi settings to default so that it no longer knows the SSID & password of your old router. Then use WPS again (make sure that WPS is enabled in the 5364) to connect it to the new router.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 43 of 44

Hi ANC_567

I had some issues myself recently with my own HP printer and I had to split the SSID's as my printer will only connect on 2ghz.

Did you try factory resetting the router using the pin hole reset for ten seconds and then splitting the SSID's again?

0 Likes