cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

I am so tired with being fobbed off by Talk Talk

tonka2426
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 23 of 23

I have reported and reported that I have a slow speed I'm supposed to be getting 65 megs survive, i'm getting 25 megs service and i'm paying for it. 
It is effecting my online work. 
I was told the other day I was having an engineer out this morning to move the fibe box on the wall to a new location as in is getting interference from the magnet on the front door. Nobody has turned up. I may as well just cut my losses and find a new operating service. Talk Talk don't care anymore, but they will still take your money. I am now going to put in yet another complaint with CISAS. I am so tired of being fobbed off with Talk Talk, ive had it for years, now i'm on Fiber, it hasn't got any better. I now tell my friends not to go with Talk Talk.

0 Likes
22 REPLIES 22

Message 1 of 23

Morning,

Apologies for the confusion, you moved the ONT box installed by the engineer?

Michelle

0 Likes

tonka2426
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 23

Well look at that, I moved the ONT box from the corner to under the window and my signal went up and is holding. From now on I don't ask for any help from Talk Talk. I will be putting in a complaint with CISAS about this. 

Untitled.png
0 Likes

Message 3 of 23

OK, thanks for that. Is there any device you can connect directly to the router via ethernet to run a test? Otherwise it may just be that you are being let down by your wireless connection. 

0 Likes

tonka2426
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 23

as requested

5Untitled.png
0 Likes

Message 5 of 23

I just run another test, and you can see my signal dipping down, and then rising again. 

3Untitled.png
0 Likes

Message 6 of 23

@tonka2426 

Can you try this one, as suggested?

https://fast.com/

0 Likes

tonka2426
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 23

I have done a speed check that is supplied by Talk Talk. 

Untitled.png
0 Likes

Message 8 of 23

The signal into the ONT is over optical fibre and so won't be affected by electrical interference, line test isn't picking up any issues. Could you run a couple of speed tests, at least 10 minutes apart, on fast.com and post the results

Chris

0 Likes

tonka2426
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 23

with my old router which is the same as the new one sent me, I was one Broadband, and it was all in that corner, and I was getting a signal of 70 megs, but since having full fiber, my signal registers 25/30 megs, and the router is further away from the corner. no matter where I put the router I am still getting 25/30 megs. 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 23

Yes, the engineer did a test with a meter and said it was a real high frequency, but still put the ONT box there. The router is about is around 6 foot away from the ONT box, I have stretched it away from the corner as much as the cable will allow.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 23

Thanks Gliwmaeden2. @tonka2426, So just to confirm, The Openreach engineer told you that there was electrical interference where they had installed the ONT/ How close is the modem to the ONT.

Chris

0 Likes

Message 12 of 23

@Chris-TalkTalk, @tonka2426 posted this elsewhere:

"I complained to Talk Talk that my signal is at 25/35 megs when I'm paying for a 65 meg service. I keep getting told my signal is at 65 megs, but when I do a speed test by the two test that Talk Talk provide, it says my signal is hitting 25 megs. There is a electrical magnet on the main front door to the building and I think it is effecting the signal, I was supposed to have a Openreach engineer turn up to move the box on the wall, but no one turned up. I am still getting a low signal, I am getting tire of being fobbed off by Talk Talk, so now I am writing a full complaint to the ombudsman before I decide what to do next, I will not be paying my next bill until this is sorted."

@tonka2426, staff will respond after the weekend. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 13 of 23

It was the openreach engineer who installed the Fiber optics box

0 Likes

Message 14 of 23

Well the bills are going to keep coming I'm afraid. Can you respond to the question from Chris earlier? The support team will pick this up again when they are back online on Monday.

0 Likes

tonka2426
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 23

Typical, Just got this months bill, but not having my service fixed. Talk Talk don't care as long as it gets it's money.

0 Likes

Message 16 of 23

Could I ask, who detected the high frequency?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 17 of 23

The problem is where the box was fitted in the first place, there is a high frequency that was detected in the corner where the box was fitted, it is that I needed moving, and how can they detect a problem without attending my property. If they bothered to turn up when they was supposed to, they would have seen for themselves there is a problem, I am getting tired of all this, I am paying for a 65 meg service, I'm not getting it, But Talk Talk expect their money from me every month and I keep getting fobbed off by saying my signal isn't being effected. I will report this to CISAS with proof of what has been said and the images of the live tests I do on my speed. and I use WIFI like I always have done. I don't use an ethernet cable. Plus the router is on the other side of the room and my PC is in the other side.

0 Likes

Message 18 of 23

Hi tonka2426,

The update on the Openreach fault ticket says that no problems was found, no action required. Do you get the slow speeds on devices connected to your router by Ethernet cable and wifi?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 19 of 23

I updated what I said because nothing was done the last time I mentioned this, all I got was a reply saying Openreach engineer was booked, but they didn't show up and i'm still having the same problem. It's cool I'll just get in touch with head office and tell them whats going on.  

0 Likes

Message 20 of 23

@tonka2426, please follow up on this thread. 

I'll remove the duplicate that you started this evening, as it's much better to follow up here for continuity. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes