cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Impossible to get it fixed or raise a complaint

grahamh123
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

I have FF 150 FTTP installed in Jan23. Worked great for a couple of months but then started dropping out. Sometimes for a couple of seconds and sometimes a minute or so. Tried resetting eero6 - switching it off for 30 minutes or more but made no difference. Checked the connection and most times it would come up with ' there is a fault on the line; please check again in a couple of days....' When you go back the message has gone. Fixed? NO. Still dropping out. Impossible to listen to the news on Alexa or stream tv. Decided to phone tech help. Difficult to understand or be understood by the operator but spent about 2.5 hours on the phone with no solution found. Eventually I was asked how many bedrooms I have? But all the equipment is on the ground floor I replied and no more than 15 feet from the router. No matter, how many bedrooms and how many floors. ok 3 floors 5 bedrooms. Aah you need more eeros, that will be £6 per month, I shall transfer you. No I replied, it worked fine for almost 3 months. I do not wish to pay more. Aah please hold while I contact the complaints dept. After a lot more waiting I'm told complaints is very busy please hold. No I said call me back and hung up. 3 hours later they call back and ask me to hold for complaints. 30 minutes later i explain that I can spend no more time on the phone and hang up. So I ring again later and say that if talktalk can't fix it then I wish to terminate my contract. I have a package that does not work. I am offered an upgrade to ff500 (which costs more of course). I don't want FF500 I say. Aah but it comes with more eeros they say.

My point is how can I complain. I go to the page on the website where it says I can download a form but the only form that downloads is the nominee form. I know I'm old but not gaga yet!

I go to live chat but that never opens. How has customer service got so bad?

Today I went to check connection again and wouldn't you know there is an open line fault. I have a house without a usable internet connection which I pay for monthly. I think I shall see if I can find the Chief execs contact details. Nothing else seems to work.

HOW DO I COMPLIN?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Apologies, you said something about testing with a different software/firmware version?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

not with you there I'm afraid - firmware update?? Currently running my old router whilst waiting for a replacement eero.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi grahamh123,

How are you getting on. Does the firmware update appear to have resolved the problem?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Sorry, my mistake re complaint form.

Tried disabling ad blocker to no effect, but changed browser and it works. Thanks

Been doing some research on eero 6 and it seems that the eero6 has a dropout problem post software update ...........13. V common problem which exactly matches mine. Mine now software version .15 so may have been addressed. Will do some more to see if I can revert version to .12 and try again.

Thanks again

Message 5 of 8

@grahamh123, the Chat facility is unique to the site, and while some of us don't get this problem with Talktalk, many do, and the solutions above are offered. 

There's no complaint form for this. As explained here, the Nominated User form is only to be completed when someone cannot speak for themselves:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Raising-a-complaint/ta-p/2204670

The nominated user status is for ongoing support by a third party to help the account holder and not specific to complaints.

All your other comments can be sent as feedback to Talktalk. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 6 of 8

Thanks for that but.............

if chat works for me on every other site then I would think it would work on TalkTalk no?

Doesn't make sense that you can't download the complaint form, you select it but just get the nomination form.

Why am I asked by tech help to wait on line to talk to complaints - for almost an hour before I gave up.

Why do I get a 'fault on line' every time I do a line check?

Why can't tech help see how many times the bb drops out?

Seems to me that if the complaints dept is so busy I can't talk to them in under an hour then there's something seriously wrong.

Thanks again.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

I have previously flagged up the issue about the My Connection fault tickets just dropping off after three days, despite nothing being sorted, @grahamh123.

It's extremely unhelpful for customers as it currently is.

Staff will be back from Monday to respond on here. They are not around at weekends. 

You should be able to reach Chat live during opening hours. Make sure that you disable ad blockers and enable pop ups. They can be slow with their answers which can make the conversation appear to drop, but it's worth persevering with Chat if you want to make progress before Monday. 

Maybe try a different browser. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes