cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

FULL FIBRE WITH DIGITAL VOICE ADAPTOR

Sparta
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 20 of 20

I have had Full Fibre installed but the Openreach engineer was unable to fit their modem in my preferred location. Consequently the WiFi signal only reaches less than a third of my property which is extremely disappointing.

Additionally, the DVA for my landline telephone, which I need, is not in a convenient location. 

I am in discussion with Talktalk regarding how to overcome the WiFi issues but is there a home telephone that can connect remotely with the DVA?

0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19

Message 1 of 20

That's great news Sparta, thanks for letting me know

Chris

0 Likes

Sparta
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 2 of 20

Hi Chris

At 12.19pm I received a Talktalk email welcoming me to FF150.

My new package is now showing in ' my account'.

My phone is now working.

Not sure if the problem was technical or an account glitch but I was without a phone service for 7 days.

I am speaking to one of your technical guys at Manchester regarding the poor eero WiFi coverage so I won't trouble you with that one at the moment 

Thanks for your assistance.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 20

OK thanks. Could you try the following please:

Plug the DVA (grandstream) into the ONT, wait for the broadband light to come on then perform a pinhole reset of the DVA, this should get the phone light back on within about 5 mins, once that comes on can you change setup back to normal. Please let us know how you get on

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Sparta
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 4 of 20

Thanks Chris.

Problem is still there - not able to make or receive calls even though the phone rings.

Still showing as an outstanding fault on my account since the 26th.

Account still showing previous package. Has not been updated to FF 150 as yet.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 20

Hi Sparta,

How are you getting on, has this been resolved now or are you still experiencing problems?

chris

0 Likes

Sparta
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 6 of 20

Thanks for that link.

Hopefully, it will be resolved early next week. 

Message 7 of 20

Eventually you could leave, if Talktalk is unable to resolve this, without penalty but you must give it far longer than this, @Sparta

There is an auto-compensation service that will be triggered after a number of days if the fault continues:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/About-your-auto-compensation-credit/ta-p/2326583

Chris-talktalk won't be back before Tuesday. Some staff are back on the Bank Holiday and may reply then. 

Staff don't provide cover on the forum over the weekend. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Sparta
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 8 of 20

Spent over an hour last night on 'chat' with various agents.

It was a 360 degree conversation - technical to account set up back to technical and finally back to account set up who tell me my FF 150 package has not been activated despite it working intermittently on Wednesday/ Thursday !!

I presume if Talktalk are unable to rectify the problems I can cancel without penalty?

0 Likes

Sparta
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 9 of 20

Hi Chris 

Contact details are now on Profile.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 10 of 20

OK, thanks for trying that. Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Sparta
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 11 of 20

Turned power supply back on.

Outgoing calls are 'engaged', when they are not.

Incoming calls receive this message at the caller end: Sorry the person you're calling cannot take your call.......

The phones connected to the DVA do not ring now. They did previously!

0 Likes

Message 12 of 20
0 Likes

Sparta
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 13 of 20

Thanks for getting back to me so promptly.

As suggested I've turned everything off.

I'll report back later this afternoon.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 20

Hi Sparta,

Can you switch the DVA, eero and ONT off for 30 minutes then switch back on and retest. Please let us know if this resolves the problem

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Sparta
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 15 of 20

Well the line has gone down again - phone connected to DVA and phone rings but you can't hear the caller.

Likewise you can dial a number, it rings but you or the person you're calling can't hear you.

My changeover to Full Fibre is becoming a big inconvenience - poor WiFi coverage and a home telephone that's not working.

0 Likes

Message 16 of 20

Hi

Or use a wireless base station.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Sparta
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 17 of 20

Ferguson / Karl, thanks for that.

I guess there is no need to develop a home phone that would provide a remote feature when most people just use their mobile.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 18 of 20

Hi

The advice from ferguson is spot on, the handset must connect directly to the DVA adapter and cannot be connected remotely.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 20

The phone has to be directly connected to the DVA. Two thoughts.

First, you could connect your router and the accompanying DVA anywhere you choose pretty much as long as you have a sufficient length of suitable Ethernet cable to connect to the ONT. That may of course be impractical.

Second, if you get a multiple DECT handset package your main unit will still be stuck wherever the router is, but additional handsets can be sited anywhere you have a convenient power socket. 

0 Likes