cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Is It Normal to Wait This Long for Installation?

edkfk
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 8

Hi everyone,

I’m seeking some advice regarding my installation delay. My original installation date was July 2nd, and I've been without internet since July 20th.

Last week, I was informed of an installation appointment set for August 7th. However, when I contacted TalkTalk on August 5th to reschedule to August 8th, I was told that the wayleave process was still in progress and no installation appointment was scheduled for August 7th.

I’ve been waiting for over a month now and have had no internet access for nearly 3 weeks. I’ve been advised to check the status with TalkTalk weekly but haven’t been given any alternative solutions for my situation.

Is this kind of delay typical? How long have others had to wait in similar situations?

Any insights or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hello,

I'm really sorry to hear this but I understand. I hope everything goes well with your new ISP.

Thanks

Michelle

edkfk
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 8

I wanted to update everyone on my ongoing experience with TalkTalk's fiber installation process. Unfortunately, it has continued to be frustrating and disappointing.

Over two months ago, I placed an order for TalkTalk's fiber service, and since then, I have been without internet. This has severely impacted my daily life and work. Despite my numerous attempts to resolve the issue, I’ve been met with delays, miscommunication, and a lack of clarity.

I’ve tried to help speed up the process by providing all necessary information to TalkTalk and Openreach, but my efforts were dismissed. For the past two weeks, I personally contacted my property management company and the property owner. It turns out that they hadn’t received any communication or wayleave forms from Openreach, which added to my frustration.

After two months of no progress and being stuck in an endless loop of checking status updates and verifying information, I decided to cancel my service with TalkTalk. This was a difficult decision, but the lack of transparency and effective communication left me no choice.

I've now decided to move on and explore other service providers. I wanted to share this update to highlight the challenges I faced and to caution others who might be considering TalkTalk for their fiber service.

Thank you to everyone who has followed my story and offered support.

Message 3 of 8

There are no standard timescales and we have no influence on how long the 2 companies take. Sorry again.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Hi Arne,

Thank you for your response. I understand that this situation is rare, but I’m hoping you can provide me with some context. What’s the worst-case scenario in terms of waiting time? Are we talking about a few months, or could it potentially stretch to a year? The uncertainty is becoming quite frustrating.

The leaseholder informed me that the Wayleave is held with Community Fibre Limited, and Openreach should be in contact with them. Could you please advise on how to proceed with this?

Thank you for your continued support.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Hi edkfk

Its quiet rare for it to take this long, but there is also no standard timescales sorry.

Are you in contact with the landowner for the property? 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 8

Hi Arne,

Thank you for clarifying the role of the wayleave process. I understand that obtaining permission from the landowner can take time. However, I would greatly appreciate it if you could provide me with an estimate of the typical wait time or the longest wait time experienced in similar situations. This information would help me better plan and manage my expectations, as I’ve been facing repeated delays and conflicting updates.

Additionally, I’ve experienced some confusion due to conflicting information from different agents, which has required me to verify details multiple times. To address this, I have filed a complaint about the inaccuracies.

Thank you for your understanding and assistance. I look forward to your response.

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 8

Wayleave is when Openreach require permission from the landowner to complete work such as dig work etc there is not much we can do to until permission is granted.

0 Likes