cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

SPEED UPGRADE 500 TO 900 NOT CHANGED

GavinJ
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 18

Sorry posted in wrong part of forum without realising there were different section for broadband types….

I’ve recontracted from 500mb to 900mb for 24 months and my email stated activation date at 30th August. I’ve powered down the eero for about 40 minutes today hoping that would kick the new speed in but no change.

First thing is that I was sent a new eero even tho it’s exactly the same as the one I already have and I bought a second one for upstairs when I first moved to talktalk so don’t really want to be messing with the network if I don’t have to. Is it somehow likely that the new hub (even tho manufactured Feb 23) has software that allows connection at the higher speed over the current one ?

Also should I have expected to have received an email stating that my new service has gone live or is that not a thing ?

Current setup is the original Eero 6 pro that talktalk sent 18 months ago and another eero 6 pro upstairs I bought off Amazon …. All works really well and don’t want to unbox the new one (insisted I had to pay £9.95 delivery even tho I didn’t want it - got it done to £4.95 as my offer email has stated) unless I really have to

Thanks for any info at all

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17

Message 1 of 18

Hi Gavin,

Really glad to hear this and apologies that it has taken some time to resolve. Please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Thanks

Michelle 🙂

GavinJ
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 18

I’ve just had an email saying my service has gone live so did a speed test on my eero from work and looks to have done the trick.

I’ll reboot the ONT over the weekend for good measure anyways but looking good for now.

thanks for all the assistance Michelle 

IMG_0619.png

Message 3 of 18

Hi again Gavin,

The team have made another change just now and advised that you should now see an increase in speed following another 30 minute power down of the ONT.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 4 of 18

Hi Gavin,

Thanks for trying this. I've chased the team for an update now.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

GavinJ
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 18

Unplugged the ONT for 45 minutes but unfortunately still hasn’t changed the download speed …

IMG_0610.png
0 Likes

Message 6 of 18

Hi Gavin,

Thanks, I'll check back in with you in the morning 🙂

Michelle

0 Likes

GavinJ
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 18

Ok I’ll give it a go after work.

thanks 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 18

Morning Gavin,

Could you power down the ONT for 30 minutes and then retest the speed again for me please?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

GavinJ
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 18

I’ve been checking every now and again and just checking speeds within the eero something has been changed as my upload speed has increased as was always 71mb and is now hitting 109 … however download got irratic for a few hours then has levelled out at around 515mb, previously its always shown as 517 in that app but obvs nothing major.

So yeah something they’ve changed has made a difference however only

to upload not download 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 18

Morning,

No change as yet. I'll check again later on today.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 11 of 18

Hi,

I'll check this again first thing in the morning and will post an update back here.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 12 of 18

Ok thanks Michelle.

I'll leave it til thursday and check again.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 18

Hello again,

I've asked our team to look into this and they have spotted an issue which they are now correcting. You should see an increase in speed either later today or tomorrow at the latest.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 14 of 18

You could get yourself an ethernet to USB adapter, I have one for just such eventualities. 

0 Likes

Message 15 of 18

With the results I’ve got from a direct connection I don’t think my daughter’s laptop has a gigabit network card as the speeds are so low. Unfortunately I don’t have anything else to connect directly to it to run a test, our newer laptop doesn’t have an Ethernet port.

is there any other way to test this ?

otherwise I guess I’ll have to phone the Indian call centre on my next day off 🤦‍♂️

thanks 

0 Likes

GavinJ
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 18

IMG_0580.jpeg

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 17 of 18

Hi Gavin,

Can I just confirm, what speeds do you see if you run a wired speed test directly at the ONT with the eero removed please?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes