cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

No WiFi to half of the house with new Eero 6 router

Volt55
Team Player
Private Message
Message 3 of 3

After a dreadful 2 month wait for FTTP and a series of shoddy installation jobs done by OpenReach, I now have full fibre. The supplied router, a single Eero 6, is simply not up to the task. Where my previous router, (a DG8041W) could just about reach all around the house, the Eero6 struggles to reach half of it. I am now without a connection to 2 solar inverters and 2 heating thermostats (situated on the other side of the house and WiFi only). Also, the Eero6 comes with just one LAN port where I previously used all 4.

I have tried to see if there is interference on different WiFi channels using a WiFi analyser,  but the signal still fades with distance on a separate channel to those around it.

I also don't think that the Eero on its own can create separate WiFi networks for certain types of devices such as IOT (I do understand that it comingles the three WiFi bands under one SSID).

I need some support to get my heating and solar back online, any suggestions? Is there another router with better range available?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Hi Volt55,

How are you getting on, have you tried contacting our Loyalty team and Keith suggested?

Chris

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

Trr ringing the loyalty dept on 0345 1725157 & explain the situation. Ask them for an extra Eero node because of the much worse reception than your previous router. They will probably be open to doing some sort of "deal".

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes