cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

No external  ip address on setup with eero pro 6

MartyG1
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 21 of 21

Hi Folks

Same issue a few people seem to be having. My broadband went live last Wednesday (21/03/2024) router arrived last night finally but i cant get the eero pro 6 to connect at all. Have powered it off and left it for a while a few times before trying again. 

The eero is found but it just cant get past the connecting to internet stage. 

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Marty

0 Likes
20 REPLIES 20

Message 1 of 21

Morning,

I can see that we've posted on your other topic.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 21

Aww god sake! Assumed you would have been sorted same day as me. Can't believe they sent a second router too. I hope they get you sorted, wish I knew exactly what they done to sort mine out. Seemed to be when Michelle passed it to provisioning but I've no idea what they actually done

0 Likes

Message 3 of 21

Ah good stuff, I’m pleased. No joy here still unfortunately. Took delivery of second router and as expected it’s still not worked. 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 21

Hi Marty,

I'm really glad to hear this and thanks for letting me know 🙂

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 5 of 21

I couldn't reply to Michelle directly to thank her too but hopefully she's sees this. I'm glad I went onto the forum! Thanks again Keith and thanks Michelle too 🙂 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 21

Hi @MartyG1 

You are very welcome, I am glad it got sorted today. As I said over the weekend, the level of Tech Support on this forum by @Michelle-TalkTalk and her colleagues, far exceeds that of the service centre, they are all UK-based & do not work to scripts.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 21

Hi Keith

Looks like I'm sorted. Thanks for your help with this. Really appreciate it 

Marty 

Message 8 of 21

Hi Liam 

Hope you're well. Looks like Michelle has sorted it for me. Think the provisioning team must have done something because I just got a text and email saying its live and I've managed to finally connect. 

Hope you get sorted too!

Message 9 of 21

Hi Marty,

Just a quick update to advise that I've raised this to our Provisioning Team and will let you know as soon as I have an update.

Michelle

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 10 of 21

Hi Marty,

I'm currently looking into this and will post back as soon as I have an update.

Thanks

Michelle

Message 11 of 21

Hi Keith,

Yes got a thread already thanks. Just sharing the pain 🙂

The forum seems great, tried to refer the chat support to it and supplied details from it but not sure whether they’re running with it or not. 

Will see from tomorrow hopefully…

0 Likes

Message 12 of 21

Aye I switch broadband at the end of a contract usually and I've never once not had it go live when it said it would. If I get any updates I'll let you know. Good luck as well hopefully we're both sorted tomorrow! 

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 21

Hi @LiamG7 @MartyG1 

You will find that the level of Tech Support on this forum far exceeds that of the service centre, they are all UK based on here & do not work to scripts.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 21

Hi @LiamG7 

Whilst TalkTalk support on this forum is Monday to Friday only, you can try calling the service centre outside of these hours. If you want help on the forum, you cannot use someone else's thread.

To get help, you must start your own thread. To create your own thread, go to the main page for the board in question & click the "Start a topic" button.

TalkTalk insists on one thread per problem per customer. Please note, TalkTalk makes the rules, not me.

Thanks.

Keith

Message 15 of 21

Likewise. Didn’t think much of the customer service reviews as naively thought it’s only a problem if you have to deal with them. However, seems like a lot of new customers are from the off!

goodluck!

0 Likes

Message 16 of 21

Aye can't say I'm overly impressed with the service so far. When the router came on Friday night 2 days after the activation date it wasn't a great start. Then for it not even to work and have no internet for 5 days isn't ideal. 

It doesn't fill me with confidence that it will be resolved tomorrow either. 

Never had any bother like this switching broadband before.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 21

I think I need the same. It’s not ideal that no meaningful fixes can be administered on the weekend. shouldn’t really have end of week activations when there are so many (it seems) current faults affecting users that require the engineer fix to rebuild the line or this fix that the Manchester team seem to provide on users accounts but no one is around at weekends…

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 21

Hopefully, it will be Monday.

Keith

0 Likes

MartyG1
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 21

Hi Keith

Hope you're well. Thanks for getting back to me and escalating it for me. 

Hopefully they get back to me soon and can get it sorted. 

Thanks again 🙂 

Marty

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 20 of 21

Hi @MartyG1 

This can be down to one of a few things, all of which require TalkTalk to investigate & deal with:-

1. An authentication issue
  2. A profile change is required before an Eero will connect OK.
  3. Sometimes, with some full fibre providers, other work is required.

I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first.

Keith

0 Likes