cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

*OCE HELP NEEDED* free full-fibre switchover/upgrade messed up!

Dangermouse
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 25 of 25

Hi
I had the TT letter and email ref the free switchover/upgrade to full fibre plus digital voice via CityFibre.
I got a call to confirm details, and was asked 'do I have multiple telephone sockets in different rooms?'.  Perhaps in ignorance of the possible consequence, I answered 'yes' - but this appears to have resulted in the upgrade being completely cancelled!!  (I have since discovered that there can be issues using a digital voice service with existing extensions/sockets.... but also that there are various easy solutions; either way the agent didn't explain any of that and just cancelled the whole thing with no warning).

So my original installation offer (04-Sep) was cancelled, and there now appears to be a 'wrong answer' in TT's system that is preventing the upgrade to full fibre with digital voice service from even being visible to the call centre agents.

I have had several very long and frustrating calls to the 0345 172 0113 number to try and rectify this - to get the 'wrong answer' corrected and get the upgrade (including digital voice service) reinstated.  However, the agents just keep saying that the only available package is 'broadband-only', and that I have to keep the copper landline, or pay a fee to have it removed!  I definitely do not need to keep the landline, and definitely will not be paying for something I've been offered for free... but they seem to have no clue how to 'reset' the offer and start again.

So I am at a loss for what to do now - appealing to the OCEs via this forum seems like it might be my best hope..... is there anything you can do to help?

DM.

0 Likes
24 REPLIES 24

Message 21 of 25

@Karl-TalkTalk Thanks.... although I was really hoping you weren't going to advise that!  Experience to date of trying to rectify it over the phone is really poor (hence desperate plea on here!) - but maybe I wasn't being directed to the correct team.

Please can you confirm the correct/best phone number for the Loyalty Team.

And are you saying that somebody has recorded in 'the system' that I do have alarms etc that need the landline?  Presumably which is the reason why it was all cancelled?

Thanks,

DM

0 Likes

Message 22 of 25

Hi

I've been speaking with our provisioning Teams thiis morning, and they advise they are unbable to reinstate the order.  They advise you would need to speak directly to the customer Loyalty Team to place a new upgrade request.  If you do, let them know that you do not mind losing the landline to upgrade to Full Fibre with digital voice.  Also confirm you have no alarms or medical devices connected to the landline.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 23 of 25

@Karl-TalkTalk Hi - and thanks so much for responding!  We don't have any landline-connected health/medical alarms.  No landline-connected burglar alarm either, nor any other reason why we would need to retain the copper connection.  We have mobiles that could be used in an emergency or power cut.

DM.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 24 of 25

Hi

Can I just ask, Do you have any type of care alarm or medical device that relies on the phoneline etc. 

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes