cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

IPhone wifi and Sagemcom router

privateprentice
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 21 of 21

Hi all,

My iPhone wifi keeps disconnecting from my Sagemcom router. Have replaced the phone recently (from a 12 to a 15) but the problem remains the same. Is this a common problem with a known fix?

Thanks and Regards,

john

0 Likes
20 REPLIES 20

Message 1 of 21

Hi John

Thanks for confirming. This issue is still under investigation with our Devices Team.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 21

Hi Debbie,

Yes it's an iPhone 15 running 17.5.1

John

Message 3 of 21

Hi @privateprentice 

Could you please confirm the iOS version for your iphone?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 21

Hi John

I've asked our Devices Team for an update and I will post back here as soon as they come back to me with additional information.

Thanks

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 21

More like run it on the PC near the phone. Just get me all of the stuff again when you next notice the problem.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 21

Yes it was also on my desk, but I might have wandered off... Should I run it again with the phone next to the computer?. There's no pattern to it though - I get failures wherever I am in the house.

John

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 21

@privateprentice 

I have just looked at the diagnostics that you have sent me. At the time you captured this information, there was no WiFi interference at all. Your 2.4 & 5GHz bands are the only networks in range of your PC. Your signal strenth of both networks was also OK.

When you did this, was your PC near your phone that has the problems?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 21

Hi @privateprentice 

I will try & look at this later today.

Keith

0 Likes

Private Message TalkTalk

Message 9 of 21

Hi Keith,

Wifi.zip Report attached. Sorry for the dealy...  I rebooted my router when I last contacted you and frustratingly it's been better since 🙂

So I don't know whether this will show anything obvious. If you want me to wait 'til problems recur I can do that.

Regards,

John

0 Likes

Message 10 of 21

Hi privateprentice

Our Devices Team have advised that they are still investigating this issue. As soon as they provide further updates then I will post back on this thread.

Thanks

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 21

Hi John,

So long as the laptop has dual band WiFi, that will be fine (from a technical point of view), just use it near where the phone is having trouble.

Do not worry about interpreting the results, I will do that for you. I will send a PM to you that contains a link for a guide of mine on Wi-Fi interference. It is quite long (about 30 pages), but you will probably only need to look at three or four pages in total. Initially look at the section called "Are you suffering from interference – prove it first". This is the first link in the table of contents. This section includes full details of free Wi-Fi analysers that I recommend for Windows, Windows phone, Android and Apple operating systems. However, I have no way of testing the Apple product. Select the analyser of your choice & my guide explains how to use it.

If you are using Wi-Fi Scanner, then please attach the zip file to this thread. As soon as I have downloaded it, I will remove the attachment from your post, to preserve your privacy.

With all other analysers, please follow my instructions below.

Collect the screenshots that I require and include them in your reply.

Please post the screenshots to me in a PM (to protect your privacy), which I have requested in my guide. No photos please as they can be difficult to read, because the text can get out of focus when zoomed in. Please ensure that the analyser window is maximised (if Windows) before taking the screenshots & upload them via the "Insert Photos" button (in a mobile browser it's the picture icon) on the post editor's toolbar with the Size parameter set to Large.

Keith

0 Likes

Message 12 of 21

Hi John

Thanks for your reply.

Do you know what fixed the issue last time you experienced this?

0 Likes

Message 13 of 21

Hi Keith!

I have a company windows laptop that I may or may not be able to run an analyser on (no wifi problems with that)... Just FYI, I had this problem in my old house last year too, with a different talktalk router, so it's recurred with different iPhones and routers in two houses.

John

0 Likes

Message 14 of 21

Thanks @KeithFrench 

@privateprentice  It would also be worth checking for any interference whilst our Devices Team are investigating.

KeithFrench is one of our valued Community Stars and can help with a range of issues related to wireless and networking. At times he may ask you to send him test results via a Private Message to help analyse/diagnose an issue.  Although Keith does not work for TalkTalk, he very kindly shares his time and knowledge to help with others.  If you need further help or, if we need to take any details such as personal information about your account like phone numbers, account numbers etc.  one of the TalkTalk team will jump in and help out.

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 21

Hi @privateprentice 

Thanks for creating your own thread. TalkTalk is currently unsure if this is a known problem or not. It might be worth a quick check to see what the levels of WiFi interference are like, near the phone.

Slow speed, intermittent dropouts, breaks in the signal or no signal on some or all devices or no internet access might be caused by Wi-Fi interference from other local networks, which can also lead to a permanent reduction in speed. No ISP can be responsible for your local environment, this is mainly a byproduct of the popularity of Wi-Fi.

Generally speaking, the 2.4GHz band suffers a lot more from interference than the much faster 5GHz band, but the 2.4GHz one can sometimes have a better range, but this all depends on your local area.

In other words, I try to help you optimise your Wi-Fi connection. The next stage involves sending out a guide to you to help you get me some important diagnostic results so that I can analyse them for you and recommend changes to your router configuration to solve them.

There is one problem though, iPhones cannot run any WiFi analysers as far as I am aware, what other devices do you have?

I only send this out to people who request it.

Keith

Message 16 of 21

Hi John

Perfect thank you 🙂

I've passed this straight over to our Devices Team to take a look.

I will post back here as soon as I have further information.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 17 of 21

Sorry about that. Okay I've added it to my profile

Message 18 of 21

Hi John  @privateprentice 

I've edited your post to remove your account number, please can you add this to the telephone number section in your Community Profile.

Thanks

0 Likes

privateprentice
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Private Message TalkTalk

Message 19 of 21

Hi Debbie,

I've updated my profile but I don't know if I even have a landline number. REMOVED

Regards,

John

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 20 of 21

Hi @privateprentice 

Apologies for this. I've seen a couple of customers with this issue and I have raised it to our Devices Team.

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, I can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes