cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

*OCE HELP NEEDED* free full-fibre switchover/upgrade messed up!

Dangermouse
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 25 of 25

Hi
I had the TT letter and email ref the free switchover/upgrade to full fibre plus digital voice via CityFibre.
I got a call to confirm details, and was asked 'do I have multiple telephone sockets in different rooms?'.  Perhaps in ignorance of the possible consequence, I answered 'yes' - but this appears to have resulted in the upgrade being completely cancelled!!  (I have since discovered that there can be issues using a digital voice service with existing extensions/sockets.... but also that there are various easy solutions; either way the agent didn't explain any of that and just cancelled the whole thing with no warning).

So my original installation offer (04-Sep) was cancelled, and there now appears to be a 'wrong answer' in TT's system that is preventing the upgrade to full fibre with digital voice service from even being visible to the call centre agents.

I have had several very long and frustrating calls to the 0345 172 0113 number to try and rectify this - to get the 'wrong answer' corrected and get the upgrade (including digital voice service) reinstated.  However, the agents just keep saying that the only available package is 'broadband-only', and that I have to keep the copper landline, or pay a fee to have it removed!  I definitely do not need to keep the landline, and definitely will not be paying for something I've been offered for free... but they seem to have no clue how to 'reset' the offer and start again.

So I am at a loss for what to do now - appealing to the OCEs via this forum seems like it might be my best hope..... is there anything you can do to help?

DM.

0 Likes
24 REPLIES 24

Message 1 of 25

Hi Dangermouse,

I've ordered the eero, it should be with you within a couple of working days

Chris

Message 2 of 25

Thanks @Chris-TalkTalk - that'd be great.

P.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 25

OK, we can send another eero to test with to see if this resolves the black spots, would you like me to arrange to send one?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 25

Hi @Chris-TalkTalk 

Most of the devices you can see are 'static' ones eg tv, Xbox etc, which don't get moved around, and are mostly sited in good-strength areas; so not too surprised that it appears OK.  Problem is mobile devices (we're not there right now, so the relevant mobiles won't be present/connected.)  Problem area is at the back of the house (extension); I think likely due to steelwork and thick walls between there and the router.  The Hub could reach and connect (albeit low signal), the eero can't - so I guess maybe the eero's radiation pattern is different?  Unfortunately there's really no other place that we can sensibly put the router because I need some wired ethernet connections nearby.

P.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 25

Hi Dangermouse,

Glad to hear that you voice service is now working. Are you experiencing poor wifi connectivity on any devices at the moment? Signal strength looks OK at the moment

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 25

@Michelle-TalkTalk  Grandstream has arrived - all now installed and voice service is working properly.  

Anything we can do to improve the wifi coverage?  The eero really doesn't seem to have as good range as the old Hub.  It's in exactly the same place as the Hub was, but the signal strength seems to drop off quite rapidly towards the back of the house to the point where it disconnects and can't reconnect; previously the strength was certainly 'low' but it would normally stay connected and work just fine.

P.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 25

Thanks @Michelle-TalkTalk - will do.  Especially as the BT/Openreach copper line now seems to be dead, and we've been left with no voice service at all....

P.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 25

Good morning,

This is the wifi hub 1 which doesn't have a voice port.

If you've signed up for VOIP and have received the eero then you should also receive a Digital Voice Adapter to connect to the eero. If this hasn't arrived by tomorrow then please let us know and we can look into this for you.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 9 of 25

@Arne-TalkTalk  It's the original FAST5364 - no BT socket 🫤

Anyway - I though the upgrade package included an eero plus a Grandstream....? 

At least the BT line is still live, so we are not without voice service.

P.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 25

The WIFI hub 2 is compatible with voip , whats the model of your Hub?

0 Likes

Message 11 of 25

@Arne-TalkTalk  yep - after a bit of faff with the physical installation, the data connection is up and running.

Digital Voice:  I contacted Order Management yesterday re the DVA - they are sending one but it hasn't arrived yet.  Interestingly the CityFibre engineer claimed that he'd never seen an eero used with a VoiP, nor ever seen an adapter that plugs into an RJ45 ethernet socket...  So I will wait for it to arrive and see how we go.

Wifi:  the eero is placed in exactly the same position as the old TT Hub (which is centrally and pretty-well optimally placed), but I am not happy with its wifi range, which seems considerably worse than the Hub's.  The connection speed seems to drop off really quickly with distance, and there are now multiple dead spots that the Hub could quite adequately cover.  Which kinda defeats the object of having a new service speed that's 5 times the previous one, if we can't actually access it at a decent rate or even connect at all in some places now.  Are we looking at a Beacon to fix this?

(Thanks again for all your assistance so far, BTW!) 

P.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 25

So the day draws near - installation booked for Tuesday 10th.  I've received the eero, but no digital voice adapter.  Does anyone know if that ships separately, or did they forget it?  A bit concerned that we haven't got everything we should, and could be left with no voice service if the landline is deactivated...

0 Likes

Message 14 of 25

Good morning,

Thank you for the update and please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 15 of 25

Better callback today - I think we are now sorted.  New order raised, and cityfibre install date set.  The cost side of it is 'messy' (due to new order rather than original offer) but it seems the best that can be done.

Message 16 of 25

Hi

OK, there may be a delay with the Bank Holiday, but please let us know.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 25

@Karl-TalkTalk   so after yet another long and painful call, being passed between 4 different teams, I am now waiting for a callback to try and get a fresh order raised...   Will post back with outcome.  Thanks for your help so far.

0 Likes

Message 18 of 25

Hi

I've added a note to your account.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 19 of 25

@Karl-TalkTalk OK thanks - I'll try calling again.  Are you able to put a note in the system saying that the agent's entry is incorrect and that in fact there is no 'vulnerable' status and no requirement to keep a landline?  It feels like that would help when I call the Loyalty Team.

DM

0 Likes

Message 20 of 25

Hi

If you call the usual number for talktalk, say you want to speak to the customer loyalty teams they should transfer you. When the agent asked about the phone sockets in the house, they recorded this as potentially vulnerable and landline required.

Karl

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes