cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

ONT not registered/authenticated

ChinesePixie
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 10

Hi, hopefully someone, anyone can help please?

Long story short, we were suppose to have full fibre 900 installed about a month ago, an engineer came and unfortunately said they could not install anything as they were not flat roof trained, as we have a flat roof outside of area where we wanted the ONT installed as we live on the first floor of a property. No ONT/hardware was installed

Fast forward to today an engineer has come, completed the hardware installed, i.e. linked to the telephone pole, ONT installed and powered up.

But apparently the first engineer registered that an ONT had already been installed the first time and our order was cancelled, i.e. the 2nd one, even though the 2nd one has been installed today.

The engineer today could not get any luck contacting his TalkTalk contacts to allow him to register the correct/fitted ONT that they have installed today because as far as TalkTalk are concerned an ONT has already been installed BUT it is not the one installed today.

So we have an ONT installed but it can not connect and authenticate as obviously it is a different one to the one that HAS NOT been installed.

I've been going round and round in circles with the Chat service ... I'm sorry it's crap.

I don't actually know what I'm suppose to be asking for and no one on the Chat seems to understand the situation.

Can someone please help and/or point me in the right direction?

Thank you

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

The only way to fix this is to call the Full fibre team (again) sorry.

0 Likes

ChinesePixie
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 10

We've subsequently found out that someone in TalkTalk has cancelled our order at 12:50pm on the day the engineer was actually here fitting the ONT.

How is someone within TalkTalk allowed to cancel our order without us asking for the cancellation when the engineer is on site fitting the ONT

I've had to take 2 days off for the fitting of the services.

I'm wasting so much time trying to get this resolved, the chat and the phone support are just useless with sloped shoulders and a teflon attitude to resolving the problem, I'm being passed from pillar to post without anyone understanding or taking ownership of a problem that TalkTalk caused!

We've been with TalkTalk for at least 10+ years and this is what loyalty gets you 😞 we're considering leaving now

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Hi Arne - did you get any joy speaking to the provisioning team?

Thanks

0 Likes

ChinesePixie
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 10

Hi Arne - thank you for the reply and for looking into this for me - much appreciated!

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10
0 Likes

ChinesePixie
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 10

No, sorry for any confusion, I'd just got on my computer before your message, noticed they'd not been any replies to my initial question.

I messaged Chris, then noticed your 1st reply, that's all.

So no reply from Chris yet, but it's ok 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Hi @ChinesePixie has Chris contacted you? 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes

ChinesePixie
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 10

Thank you, I'd just message Chris-TalkTalk as were desperate 😭

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 10

Hi @ChinesePixie I wish I could give you the answer but it's beyond me. Your post has been escalated and you should hear from the excellent team here. 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes