cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Secondary eero losing connection

BobFormby1
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 22 of 22

Due to lack of coverage from the router supplied by TalkTalk I purchased another from Amazon.

I hoped to use this secondary eero to link my landline via the Digital Voice Adaptor so I can place my landline where I need it to be.  The system was working last night (25 feet away from main eero, separated by a wooden door), but this morning just a red light on the eero.  It would not reconnect. 

I tried it in various locations but had to move it to within 10 feet of the primary eero before it connected.  Any suggestions?

Bob.
0 Likes
21 REPLIES 21

Message 1 of 22

Hi Bob,

Thanks for confirming 🙂

Michelle

0 Likes

BobFormby1
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 22

Hello Chris / Michelle

the scheduled update between 02:00 and 03:00 overnight failed but this morning the manual option (update now) has downloaded and installed v7.4.0-3709 so everything looking good at last.

Thanks for all your help.

Bob.
0 Likes

Message 3 of 22

Thanks for the update. Could you see if the update goes through over the weekend, if it doesn't then I'll see if we can have it manually updated

Thanks

Chris

Message 4 of 22

Hello Chris / Michelle - both Eeros remained online overnight so that problem seems to be fixed.  However, the update to v7.4.0-3709 didn't happen.  Both still running v7.3.3-2.

Bob.
0 Likes

Message 5 of 22

Hi Bob, how are you getting on?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 22

Hi Bob,

I'm glad to hear this. Did the digital voice adapter also stay connected ok? I'll check back with you in the morning to see how you're getting on.

Thanks

Michelle 🙂

0 Likes

Message 7 of 22

Hello Michelle - for the first time, both Eeros have stayed online overnight.

They are now both running v7.3.3-2 and are showing an available update to v7.4.0-3709.

The update is scheduled for overnight tonight (nervous about changing anything now it seems to be fixed) so will let you know how that goes tomorrow morning.

Bob.

Bob.
0 Likes

Message 8 of 22

Morning Bob,

Have you noticed any change since yesterday?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 9 of 22

Good afternoon,

Our Devices Team have updated the router software and have asked if you can retest and let us know if there is any change please?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 10 of 22

Morning,

Thanks for the additional PM. I'm just waiting for an update from our Devices Manager.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 11 of 22

Morning,

Thanks for the PM. I've raised this back to our Devices Team and will post back here as soon as I receive an update.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 12 of 22

Hi Bob,

I'm just sending you a Private Message. Could you reply to my PM with the serial number, MAC and P/N numbers that are on the back of your digital voice adapter please. Please do not post any personal information on the Community.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 13 of 22

Hi Bob,

Thank you for confirming. I've passed this to our Devices Team now and asked there advice and also asked them to confirm if this software update is causing the issue with the phone/DVA on the second eero. I'll post back as soon as I know more.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

BobFormby1
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 22

Hello Michelle - the manual update option is there but  just produces a 'Restarting network ' message which never disappears until I press Retry.  I left it this morning for about 10 minutes.

Bob.
0 Likes

Message 15 of 22

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the update. Does it give you the option to do the software update manually?

Michelle

0 Likes

BobFormby1
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 22

My 2nd eero is now running the DVA in the place I want it to be.  However, it keeps going offline overnight, so no phone calls until I replace and reboot every morning .  There is a software update due to run between 2 and 3 that has never happened so that might be the problem but I don't know how

Screenshot_20240612-080717.png

to fix it.

Bob.
0 Likes

Message 17 of 22

Hi Bob,

I'm really sorry for the delay. Is the voice service still not working since your last post? Is the digital voice adapter connected to the first eero?

Michelle

0 Likes

BobFormby1
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 22

Just an update on the latest eero failure.  Connected my 2nd eero (plus digital voice adaptor) by moving it to within 15 feet of primary eero.  Working fine when I went to bed but this morning it's showing a red light so without my landline yet again.  Rebooted, even tried the reset button, twenty minutes later just a blue flashing light - trying to connect to a device only 15 feet away with no obstruction.

Bob.
0 Likes

Message 19 of 22

Hi BobFormby1

I'm just sending you a Private Message.

Thanks

0 Likes

BobFormby1
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 20 of 22

Thanks for the link Debbie - nothing I hadn't already tried.

There has been one problem after another after going to full/faster fibre.  I think the problem may be the restricted positioning of the main eero due to the issues of cable access and electric socket placement.  To be honest I feel that there was a lack of information provided prior to the installation visit.  We shouldn't be faced with technical issues that would have been spotted if a pre-installation survey had been done.

Bob.
0 Likes