cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Shift OpenReach fibre connection

Chris_M_Ford
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 62 of 62

When I had my Full Fibre installation I had not appreciated how little the fibre could be bent - unlike a copper cable. In the event, as my router etc. is sited centrally in my house, the fibre is running through a downstairs toilet to reach the router location where there is power for the NTU. I have not been able to find a way to protect / disguise the fibre particularly where it goes round corners to follow the wall.

To solve the problem I have installed at gigabit Cat5e cable from another part of the house with easy access through the same exterior wall and with power available for the NTU.

My questions are; how do I go about arranging for OpenReach to do the shift and what are the likely costs?

If anyone can help with advice, that would be great.

Many thanks,

Chris 

Chris Ford Retired, volunteering and happy after 40 years in I.T and comms (was ChrisFord previously)
0 Likes
61 REPLIES 61

Message 1 of 62

Hi Michelle,

Just to let you know that I have had no communication from OpenReach with regard to tomorrow's appointment. I was advised that they would be in touch the day before and on the day.

As my elderly mother would have said, "I am confused.com".

Chris

Chris Ford Retired, volunteering and happy after 40 years in I.T and comms (was ChrisFord previously)
0 Likes

Message 2 of 62

Hi Chris

Ok, leave this with me and I'll post an update back.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 3 of 62

HI MIchelle,

In my account it just shows that the outstanding balance is the same as the September bill. There is no sign of a credit.

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 62

Hi Chris,

Could you log into your My Account for me please and check to see if the credit/refund is showing there please?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 5 of 62

Hi Michelle,

You did ask me to ;let you know if my next bill did not include a credit for the missed appointment. I have just been advised that September's bill is for the usual monthly charges.

I am looking forward to a successful visit from OpenReach on Friday and will keep you [posted.

Take care and stay safe,

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 62

Hi Chris,

I'm glad to hear that the team have made contact. They did advise me that they would check this again 24hrs before the appointment so hopefully no further issues and it all goes as planned. I'll check back in with you again on this date.

Have a good weekend 🙂

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 7 of 62

Hi Michelle,

Just taken a call from the team a few minutes ago.

I was told that OpenReach had rescheduled the install date from September 3rd to Friday September 20th with an a.m. slot. I have no idea about 3rd or how yesterday's appointment was made.

I reminded the caller that this was a fibre shift and he was happy with my description  The date is on my calendar. I wait with bated breath and will let you know how I get on.

Also, I have noted your information about the refund for a missed appointment and will check my next bill.

Once again just many thanks for all your assistance in this matter.

Best wishes,

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 62

The same to you too Chris 🙂

Michelle 🙂

0 Likes

Message 9 of 62

Thanks Michelle,

You are a star.

We might eventually get this done!

Take care, stay safe and best wishes,

Chris

0 Likes

Message 10 of 62

Hi again Chris,

It's no problem at all. I've passed your availability over to the team now and they have just replied to me to confirm that they will call after 1.30pm today.

Thanks

Michelle 🙂

0 Likes

Message 11 of 62

HI Michelle,

Sorry to be a pain. A member of the team called at 10.46hrs and as I was setting up at our foodbank I didn't have a signal. The message on the answerphone said to call back on the number - but no number available. If you can get a correct number for me I can call them back, but if not can they call me after 1.30pm when I will be at home.

Chris

0 Likes

Message 12 of 62

Just to add to this, as the missed engineer appointment was due to us then you'll also be eligible for the below. If it doesn't show on your bill in 30 days then please post here and we can sort this for you.

We know how frustrating it can be to wait for an engineer appointment, only for them not to turn up. If we need to change your appointment we'll always aim to give you at least 24 hours notice. If an engineer misses their appointment with you, we’ll compensate you with £30.49 credit on your account. This applies to all appointments, including installations, upgrades and repairs when your service is provided through Openreach, and installation appointments for all other providers.

Michelle

About your auto compensation credit - TalkTalk Help & Support

0 Likes

Message 13 of 62

Morning Chris,

No problem and again I am really sorry about this. The team did mention that Openreach moved the date but no comms was sent to communicate this. The team said they will call to confirm that the new date is ok and that they will also monitor this closely to ensure that it doesn't change again.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 14 of 62

Hi Michelle,

Thank you so much for keeping on top of this. It is much appreciated. I will post again when I hear anything.

Chris

0 Likes

Message 15 of 62

Hi Chris,

The team are going to make contact with you this morning.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 16 of 62

Hi Chris,

I'm really sorry and also very annoyed that this has happened to you and that you also haven't been contacted. I've escalated this further and asked them to come back to me ASAP.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 17 of 62

Hi Michelle,

No, I've heard nothing.

Chris

0 Likes

Message 18 of 62

Hi Chris,

Have the team been in touch since my last post? (I've not received an update as yet)

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 19 of 62

Hi Chris,

I'm really sorry. I'm contacting the team now. I'll post back shortly.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 20 of 62

Hi Michelle,

No sign and no contact by email, SMS or 'phone. A bit of a wasted morning given that I should have been helping at our community drop-in.

Chris

0 Likes