cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Stuck on channel 1

milocola
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 17

Can I please get the wifi optimisation turned off please channel 1 is really busy in my location 

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16

Message 1 of 17

Hi

Have you noticed improvement over the weekend with the new router ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 17

Excellent. Thanks for confirming.

Any issues, just post back here.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

milocola
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 17

Hello I received the new router and it is now connected 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 17

Hi

I'm showing the router delivered.  Can you confirm this has arrived ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 5 of 17

Hi

Router is with the courier so should be out for delivery soon.

I'll drop you a PM with the tracking number.

Thanks

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 6 of 17

Hi

A router is on the way to you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

milocola
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 17

Hi Debbie yes please

0 Likes

Message 8 of 17

Hi milocola

I think we should send a replacement router for testing so we can rule out any faults with your current router.

Would you like me to arrange this?

0 Likes

milocola
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 17

Hello I have disconnected the power to the router for 30 minutes and turned it back on again 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 17

Hi milocola,

I can't communicate with your router at the moment so could you switch it off and leave it off for at least 30 minutes, then switch back on and let me know when you've done this

Chris

0 Likes

milocola
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 17

Hi the router is in the hallway of a small flat the living room where I have problems is next to it

0 Likes

Message 12 of 17

Hi milocola

Thank you. I can see coverage issues affecting the connection.

Where is the router located?

0 Likes

milocola
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 17

Done

Message 14 of 17

Hi milocola

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, we can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 15 of 17

Yes it keeps dropping out or says signal is weak on 2 devices a mobile and roku streaming stick both within 10 feet of router at an open doorway between them, I have also tried to change the channel manually 

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 16 of 17

Hi milocola

We are unable to switch off WIFI optimisation now.

Is your wireless connection dropping out?

0 Likes