cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

TalkTalk making it difficult for me to cancel full fibre broadband installation

mrsmicramonkey
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 11

Hi All

I am trying to cancel an upcoming appointment with City Fibre who are due to upgrade us to full fibre broadband. I contacted TalkTalk via live chat yesterday to make them aware of this, who told me I need to contact City Fibre direct. I called City Fibre after work today about this and lo and behold, they told me I need to contact TalkTalk!! I then rang TalkTalk and their automated 'phone system told me there were very long queues and best to do a text chat, so I decided to do this. I got through to an agent who told me they could rearrange my appointment. As I don't know when it's convenient to rearrange, I just said I want to cancel the appointment at this stage. The agent then started to say I need to speak to their loyalty team about this???! I just said I will be putting a complaint in about this. TalkTalk - why are you making this difficult for us. Please contact me so I can cancel my appointment ASAP.

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Hi mrsmicramonkey

The order in all our systems is cancelled, we have raised an escalation to city fibre to update their systems to show cancelled. 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 11

Hi mrsmicramonkey

Im sorry this is happening I will contact our provisioning team. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

The City Fibre broadband upgrade has still not been cancelled. Having received many emails, texts and letters from TalkTalk confirming the upgrade date is still booked in for the 28th March, I rang City Fibre on Friday who told me that they would cancel the order at their end. I then received further messages from TalkTalk after speaking with City Fibre still confirming the appointment! I rang City Fibre after work today about this asking why it hasn't been cancelled in their system to which I was told that there was a "technical error" and the appointment can't be cancelled so it sounds like City Fibre will turn up for no reason whatsoever even though I won't be home!!!! TalkTalk, please be assured that I will be placing a full complaint with ofcom about my experience and will pass on all the emails, texts and  letters I've received from you about this. I've been a broadband customer of yours since 2008 (continuously) and no surprises for guessing that I won't be renewing with you!!

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

Many thanks for sorting this for me.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

Hi @mrsmicramonkey

Sorry for the delay, Yes the order has now been stopped. 

Regards

0 Likes

Message 7 of 11

Hi Arne

Did you manage to sort the cancellation of my appointment with City Fibre on 28th March?

Thanks

Claire 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 11

Hi mrsmicramonkey

Sorry that you are having problems.

I will speak to the provisioning team to stop the order. 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 11

Thanks for your help. I've updated my profile. The date of the appointment that I wish to cancel is 28th March.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 11

Helpful if you can mention the specific date that needs cancelling, @mrsmicramonkey.

Also ensure that your community forum profile details are completed. Go via your avatar; settings; drop down menu....Personal Information. 

SAVE CHANGES. You will get a reply from staff during the day (Monday to Friday).

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes