cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

UFO ending but no alternative fibre package

tangjiesheng
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 16 of 16

I’m a UFO customer in York and Talktalk has informed me by email that they are stopping the UFO service and that I can switch to Full Fibre 900. However having tried many times to do so I’ve been told each time that full Fibre is not available at my address. My neighbours have all switched over ok but for some reason it shows on the system that Full Fibre is not available at my address. I don’t know what to do as Talktalk customer services are zero help and just tell they’ll notify me when it’s available in my area - but it is available, it just seems to be a glitch that no one will try to sort out. Anyone else got this problem?

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16

Hi tangjiesheng

I dont have access to the UFO systems to see if a cancel is progressing.

Im really sorry, the only option is to call the UFO team again. 

Apologies again.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 16

Same here, I'm hoping a credit note and an envelope to return the old equipment will arrive soon.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 16

And to cap it all I’ve just received a bill for June even though told service was being disconnected on 29 May! 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 16

I have adopted the same view, yet again this morning another letter from Talktalk offering full fibre, but again told not available, despite having City Fibre with Talktalk here since it was introduced in York.

So have opted for Vodafone, again if Talktalk cannot get the selling correct, how hard will it be contacting them if the service went down!

Something seriously wrong with Talktalk not knowing what they can or cannot provide now!

0 Likes

Message 5 of 16

We’ve managed to sort this out by getting on at CityFibre. It took a number of calls, filling in forms on their website and emails. I think they just needed to correct an error in their database. Now moving to Zen as can’t bear the thought of ever having to phone Talktalk again and disappointed that they never tried to sort it out on our behalf.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 16

Still getting these emails as below, but told not available again.

joeyboswell_0-1684774512333.png

0 Likes

peteb99
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 16

Looks like we're not the only ones that are being told we don't have fttp available to us :

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2023/05/talktalks-wrongful-fttp-network-closure-warning-causes...

0 Likes

Message 8 of 16

Thank you, I have flagged this up with the sales/marketing teams

0 Likes

Message 9 of 16

joeyboswell_0-1684331751315.png

joeyboswell_1-1684331777263.png

0 Likes

Message 10 of 16
0 Likes

peteb99
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 16

Similar is happening on my street.    About 4 of us decided to stay with TalkTalk, phoned the number Arne mentioned and signed up to the £39.99 about a month ago.    All 4 have had the engineer visit where they replace the white ONT with the new, tiny ONT (no battery backup though).

Another neighbour tried a couple of days ago and now Talktalk (on the 0800) number deny all knowledge of FTTP down our street.   I tried myself on the CityFibre website last month and I could go through to the talktalk website where I could have signed up for the £39.99 a month FTTP.    I have tried that again yesterday and now it only offers me 35Mb/s, haha.

Literally every other provider on the CityFibre checker works fine, just not TalkTalk.     I think you will have to use one of the other providers if you still want to stay on FTTP  (I personally have gone with No One internet as I got the first three months free with them after negotiation on the phone).

0 Likes

Message 12 of 16

I just tried calling that number but got the same response. I think the problem is actually with CityFibre’s records as checking on their website shows my address unavailable but my neighbours are mostly showing as available. I hoped Talktalk would try to sort this out for an existing fibre customer whose service they’re disconnecting but it seems I’m going to have to take it to CityFibre and see if they’ll do anything about it.

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 13 of 16

Hi tangjiesheng

Are you calling the correct number?  you should be calling 0800 458 5029, advise that you are a UFO customer and have been advised that full fibre is available via City Fibre. 

They will take it from there. 

0 Likes

joeyboswell
UFO Customer
UFO Customer
Private Message
Message 14 of 16

Just another point, you can visit the Cityfibre website and enter your postcode/house number etc and see what options you have, most other available providers don't include a phone line so be aware of that, some do but do not make it clear at all (or the extra costs).

But as you have pointed out, If I click the link on City fibre site for the new Talktalk 900 service, then told not available and can only have 100 meg at a silly price, maybe a glitch, but it's losing customers like myself. Tried to tell them when they called myself, they was not interested and just confirmed the cancellation date!

0 Likes

joeyboswell
UFO Customer
UFO Customer
Private Message
Message 15 of 16

Yes, exact same issue here, I have had UFO in York since it started, I was one of the original testers, but same issue, Talktalk saying not available to me now despite the daily emails and letters from Talktalk saying available, but if I try to sign up to the new deals, it shows not available here!

I have had to sign up to Vodafone here to use the Cityfibre network again, but a long lead time for the switchover which will result in a couple of days of zero internet at the end of this month for myself.

0 Likes