cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Unresolved fibre fault

Walter460
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 9

Eventually managed to report fault on Monday 11-03-24 after trying all previous day due to TalkTalk systems down. Anyway arranged for Openreach engineer to call yesterday between 1&6pm, which he did.  After a few checks he discovered the fibre cable hah been pulled off the pole & broken. Said he would need traffic management due to the busy road and left.  Since then I have heard nothing from either TalkTalk or Openreach.  What's happening to resolve this matter? I'm paying for a service which is not being delivered. Also having difficulty connecting to My Account on the TalkTalk website, all I'm getting is "for technical or security reasons we cannot log you in". What's the problem?

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi Maria,

I'm sorry to hear this. Please can you create your own topic and we can look into this further for you.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Maria124
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 9

Having the same issue with fibre optic. Just to report it takes ages. As far as I know if you're not getting what you pay for, for 3 consecutive days, you're elegible for compensation. But you have to demand it from them once they solve the problem. (Which can take months 🤔)!!! Good luck🤞

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Hello,

I'm glad to hear this 🙂

Michelle

0 Likes

Walter460
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 9

Thanks Michelle, internet up & running again. Openreach replaced the fibre cable yesterday afternoon.

I'll be using this community for any queries in the future.

Many thanks for your help.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Morning,

I've re-checked for an update now and there is an update to advise that the fault has been resolved with a cabling fault. Is your connection now working ok?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Hello,

I've checked the fault now and there is an update from Openreach to advise that this is still under investigation with the engineers to resolve the fault and the next update is due tomorrow. We'll re-check this again first thing in the morning and should hopefully have more information.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Walter460
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 9

Account No. and Telephone No. are already in my profile

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 9

Morning,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Telephone number or Account Number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes