cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Unwanted Upgrade

malcolm159
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 18

Hello, I renewed my contract with TalkTalk in December 2022 on the strength of NOT being updated to full fibre broadband in the term of my contract which is for 18 months. I have just received an email telling me TalkTalk / City Fibre are upgrading my home to full fibre broadband on the 16th February. I do not want this service. I don’t have the power sockets that are required, also there is no suitable place for them to drill into my home. There is no way to cancel this appointment on the link that is provided. Can anyone help in getting this cancelled. Thanks in advance. Regards Malcolm

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17

Message 1 of 18

Ok Arne  thank you. Regards Malcolm

0 Likes

Message 2 of 18
0 Likes

Message 3 of 18

Hello Arne, thank you for the reply. I also recieved a parcel late yesterday afternoon 09/02/2023 with I guess what would be the router e,t.c. to do the update not opened the box. Any idea what to do with this. Regards Malcolm

0 Likes

Message 4 of 18

It was confirmed yesterday by city fibre that the order is fully cancelled, I suspect the letter was dated before this. 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 18

Hello Arne, just recieved a letter via post this afternoon, saying than the update is in the diary for 15/02/2023. Thanks for confirming you're happy to go ahead with your upgrade to full fibre broadband on the 15/02/2023 . I've had no contact with them other than though this forum. As I wrote in my first post there's no place on line to cancell. Hope you can sort this out.

Regards Malcolm.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 18
0 Likes

Message 7 of 18

Hello Arne,

just recieved an email from Yodel saying they are delivering a parcel for me from TalkTalk. This was dispatched from TalkTalk yesterday 08/02/2023.Looks like TalkTalk are not getting the message that this upgrade is unwanted and has been requested to be cancelled. Please Please can you sort this out and get it stopped. Thanks in advance. Regards Maloclm

0 Likes

Message 8 of 18

Thank you, hopefully this can be sorted. Regards Malcolm

0 Likes

Message 9 of 18

Message 10 of 18

Thank you for the reply, the email arrived yesterday 05/02/2023 three of them came all the same within 2 minutes, all from City Fibre.

Regards Malcolm

0 Likes

Message 11 of 18
0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 18

I'll make sure that this is in the queue for attention, @malcolm159.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 13 of 18

Hello Arne,

received this email from City Fibre on behalf of Talktalk saying the upgrade is still going ahead, please can you look into this and get it stopped. Regards Malcolm.

Hi Malcolm,

It's CityFibre here, on behalf of TalkTalk.

We're delighted to be upgrading you to full fibre broadband on Wed 15 Feb between 1PM- 6PM.

We thought we'd get in touch to let you know what to expect and how to prepare.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 18

Thank you, will let you know if it goes wrong. Regards Malcolm

0 Likes

Message 15 of 18

Hi malcolm159

Ive been told the order is being cancelled. 

Let me know if you still get contacted. 

0 Likes

Message 16 of 18

Ok thank you, will wait to hear from you. Regards Malcolm.

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 17 of 18
0 Likes