cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Upgrading Broadband

Dougie1
Team Player
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

Hi,

City Fibre has recently been installed in our street.  I received a message from them saying that the service was now operative and quoting a number of companies which will be offering their services  and various packages and prices, Talktalk was among them.

However when I went on to the Talktalk website, to look at the choice of packages, prices and services offered, there was no offer available. 

Also before I upgrade, I would like to know what has to be done physically, to upgrade my present contract to a new one which connects to City Fibre's system. Does someone have to come to my house and install new equipment, and if so what equipment will I need and what price will I have to pay for this service?

At the moment I have Talktalk Fibre 65 on an 18 month contract at £26 a month which ends in February 2025, and which supplies me with a 75 megabytes download and 16 megabytes upload via twisted pair copper wiring, which is fed to a little Talktalk box on the wall and then on to a Talktalk wifi router Sagecom  5364-3.T8 and then via an ethernet connection to a Deco 4 Mesh system composed of 3 units.

Obviously, the fibre will have to be connected up to my house from the fibre cable in the street, but will I need a new router and box?

Last of all, how is this going to be affected by the inflation hedged prices policy olus 3.5 % which is presently being operated by Talktalk?

I have been with Talktalk and its predecessors for many years, right back to when Talktalk was screaming.net. I am a senior citizen on a small state pension and obviously, I am keen to purchase the best value for money package, but to do so, I need the

Yours sincerely,

Douglas Rankine.

P.S. I don't know if I am posting this in the right place, if not could you tell me where to post it please?

doug
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Dougie1
Team Player
Private Message
Message 2 of 5

Hi Gliwmaeden2,

Sorry for the delay in my reply, I was away on holiday, and tx for your advice. I made a typos in the date of contract, it should have been 2024 and not 2025, but it doesn't make much difference.  I will look at the url you posted...Also tx for the quick reply.

ATB

Dougie1.   😀

doug

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 5

Hi  Dougie1

All the information you need about the install process can be found in our help page https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/FullFibre/bd-p/FutureFibre 

I have checked your account and although City Fibre have done the work required, your package is not yet ready for an upgrade, we will contact you when we can offer you Full Fibre.  

Regards

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

@Dougie1, you must have only just started a contract, if it carries on till Feb '25.

Better to wait for Talktalk to offer you a good deal with no charge to upgrade etc.

Check here for one-off charges which would normally occur mid-contract:

http://community.talktalk.co.uk/pricing

Costs etc also depend on whether you need to keep a landline going etc. 

Further information if you phone the Future Fibre team on 03451 720074.

Open from 8am.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.