cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Upgrading from 150 to 900 - a question about the 900 routers

bdbtbb5
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 10

I'm already on Full Fiber 150 but have ordered an upgrade to the 900 package. My Eero Pro 6 routers have arrived but the start date for my 900 package is 25 July (next week). Can I go ahead and get these new routers connected and set up while I am still on my 150 package, or will they not work with it?

I'm hoping I can go ahead and get them set up and connected and then just get the big speed increase on 25 July.

But can I?

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Morning Ben,

I'm glad to hear that the speeds have increased and thanks for letting us know 🙂

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

Hi Michelle,

I received an email yesterday from TalkTalk Customer Service informing me that my "full fibre is live". I assumed this was just a delayed notice about my 150 plan, but I ran a speed test (still using the Eero 6 router) and the dial shot round to above 900mbps down/100mbps up. Seems like my new 900 plan went live two days early. I swapped out the Eero 6 for the two Eero Pro 6 routers and everything is working fine.

Ben

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Hello,

We'll check back in with you in 48hrs to see how you're getting on.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 10

The profile will be the same for all eeros on CF. The one I am on means that I can swap between my eero 6 & a Sagemcom if I want. It only affects the connection over the full fibre. If the profile is wrong, all that will happen is, when you try to add the initial gateway eero, the app will give an error along the lines of "no internet connection"

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

I am hesitant, partly because you say "probably", and because the support agent stated very clearly that the Pro 6 would not work while my 150 package is live, because "the backend team will have to make changes to my profile", or something like that.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 10

In that case you'll probably be fine to connect them now.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

bdbtbb5
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 10

Thank you both for your responses.

I am currently on the Full Fiber 150 package, so I have the Eero 6 router.

I was connected up to FTTP by Openreach.

I am switching to the Full Fiber 900 package on 25 July, and I received two Eero Pro 6 routers today.

I decided to contact TalkTalk Support via Live Chat and was told that the new routers would not work with my 150 package, and that I need to wait until the 900 package is live before I can connect and set up the Pro 6 routers.

I guess that, as TalkTalk effectively gives the routers for free with their packages, they have some proprietary blocking set up to prevent people using the free routers with a different provider, and as a side effect of this, the Pro 6 routers they have provided won't function with the 150 package (because the Eero 6 is provided for that package).

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 10

Hi bdbtbb5,

As Keith says you may need your profile changing if you are on the City Fibre network, if you're with Openreach then it should be fine

Chris

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 10

What router do you have currently? TalkTalk may need to make a profile change to your fibre so as the Pro 6s will work.

Keith