cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Weak WIFI signal with Full fibre 150 using Eero 6 from Talk Talk

jezSmith
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 14

Hi. I have just upgraded to the Full Fibre 150.

Instillation fine. Modem provided fine. Connection by ethernet cable fine.

Wifi connection dreadful. 

Only casts about 4 meters. Live in a small flat. Previous modem was not great but better than Eero 6. 

Have raised complaint with Talk Talk but they just recommend I pay more and get Total Home so they can send me another modem to mesh. 

I really feel let down by Talk Talk. I have upgraded my contract and been given a service that is not fit for purpose. i.e here is your new service but it is no good so upgrade and pay more!

I understand that they do not want to be handing out extenders to everyone who has complained about weak wifi but from my point of view this is the only option for selling a package that does not work even in a small flat. 

Finally if they had said at point of sale that I would probably need to pay for a mesh I would have gone with a different provider as I was in the process of leaving when they offered me this package.

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 14

My apologies jez. Is your connection still currently ok?

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 14

@Michelle-TalkTalk, jezSmith is the original poster. 

@ClaireT2, you need to start your own thread for support from staff.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 3 of 14

I can't know what may be the reasons for your signal problems, but I used my old talk talk modem and bought a second hand eero which has created a "mesh" that seems to work. 3 modems to cover a 2 bed flat. 

I do put most of my signal problems down to my many walls the signal has to pass though my experience of the eero is that it is best used as a mesh with multiple units. 

I suggest looking at info about the eero before deciding. 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 14

Hi jez,

Please can you create your own topic and we'd be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 5 of 14

Thanks for the offer. I tried many options but it is well known that the modems don't cast very far. I would say that I have a Victorian flat and it has to pass through multiple lime plastered wall which has always blocked the signal.

I am happy with the set up. Would prefer another eero but was told I would have to pay talk talk . 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 14

I suggested above that I just bought another as many do. Can get second hand and does not have to be latest to mesh. I also used old modem from talk talk. This works but bit silly having contract with just 1 moden

0 Likes

jezSmith
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 14

I ended buying a second eero as well as using my old modem from talk talk which has a stronger signal. You end up with 2 logins but managed to cover the house. bit mad selling contract with one mesh modem as they need to mesh. This suggests more than 1 is used.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 14

Hi @ClaireT2 

I am sure I can help you, but If you want help, you cannot use someone else's thread.

To get help, you must start your own thread. To create your own thread, go to the main page for the board in question & click the "Start a topic" button.

TalkTalk insists on one thread per problem per customer. Please note, TalkTalk makes the rules, not me.

If when you have created your own thread, please @mention me in on it & I will try & resolve your issues for you.

Thanks.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

ClaireT2
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 14

Hello, 

I'd be really interested in hearing if this got sorted, I am in the same position. Got Fibre 150 and an Eero and the coverage is terrible. I'm in a two bedroom flat and it barely reaches our of the room the Eero is in. When I complained I was asked to upgrade

Not sure what to do now whether to buy a booster or eero to try and spread the signal or if that is good money after bad.

WOuld appreciate any suggestions on what best to do!

Claire

0 Likes

Message 10 of 14

Hi jezSmith,

I can see that Keith has kindly offered to help. Could you also please switch the ONT and eero off for 30 minutes then switch back on and let me know when you've done this

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 14

Slow speed, intermittent dropouts, breaks in the signal or no signal on some or all devices or no internet access might be caused by Wi-Fi interference from other local networks, which can also lead to a permanent reduction in speed. No ISP can be responsible for your local environment, this is mainly a byproduct of the popularity of Wi-Fi.

Generally speaking, the 2.4GHz band suffers much more from interference than the 5GHz band, but the 2.4GHz one can sometimes have a better range, but this all depends on your local area.

The next stage involves sending out a guide to you to help you get me some important diagnostic results so that I can analyse them for you and recommend changes to your router configuration to solve them.

I only send this out to people who request it.

Whilst the Eero is supposed to manage Wi-Fi interference, if this is very bad, particularly in the 2.4GHz band, then it cannot do anything about it, no router can. The same goes for any router at that point. Other things that may then need to be investigated are its location within your property and the WiFi bands that you use. It is possible that you may also need to purchase additional Eero nodes as it is supposed to operate as part of a mesh system. I can help with any of this. However, I would suggest that you follow my help to find out what the root cause of the problem is, before throwing money at it.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

jezSmith
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 14

Hi Karl.  I have added these though could not see any fields for it so have put in "other" field

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 13 of 14

Hi

So that I can locate your account on our system and pick this issue up for you, please can you add your Account number or Home phone number to your 'Community Profile'.

If you are a Full Fibre customer, please add your FTTP reference or FTTP order Number to your profile.

If you have difficulty providing the above information, please add the Account Holders name, House number and postcode to the Private Notes section that is located at the bottom of your 'Community Profile'

Thanks  

Karl.   

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes