cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

eero 6 router rubbish

Mally4
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 28 of 28

I decided to "upgrade" to the fibre 150 service from the fibre 65 i was on.

Since powering up the eero 6 hub the connection to my ring cameras is ABYSMAL !

I was getting FULL connection on my old speed but this so called faster more stable service hardly connects to my cameras two of which are within 10 feet of the hub.

I cannot connect a "repeater" or a mesh type network to this piece of garbage as it only has two ethernet ports and i am not in a position to pay the extortionate price to Amazon for the eero 6 "repeaters".

Therefore can i send back this rubbish and cancel my account as i am within 14 days cooling off period, OR Can i use a multi port ethernet hub to make my own "mesh" network ?

P.S the signal to my wife's laptop and our smart tv is also garbage, we have never experienced the buffering circle so much since changing the service. It's supposed to be better not worse !

27 REPLIES 27

Message 1 of 28

Hi TTKlingons,

If you need assistance can you please start your own topic and well be happy to help

Chris

0 Likes

TTKlingons
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 28

So glad I cancelled and moved to Plusnet after being offered an upgrade from FTTC 65 to FTTP 150 with VOIP by these clowns, only to be given the runaround on chat when neither the promised email to confirm installation nor the Eero 6/Voip converter arrived.

TalkTalk do not operate in good faith. If I hadn't acted and cancelled when I did, my right to do so would have ended on the same day the installation was due to take place.

As things stand, I'm still stuck waiting for a phone call to get rid of the old FTTC account. Another fake promise on chat from this dishonourable lot after they reeled off their same old tosh about Plusnet not informing them of the switch.

I've saved all the chat transcripts and have just read back through them. Reads like a Two Ronnies sketch, I don't know how these charlatans haven't been trounced by the courts already, they're a joke! Is this really what "new normal" looks like??

Message 3 of 28

@Chris-TalkTalk 

Go away !

You're about as much use as a chocolate tea pot !

Message 4 of 28

Hi Mally4,

I'm sorry about this but as I've said we can place the order after 30 days. If you would prefer to discuss leaving you will need to speak to our Loyalty Team as we can't do this on the Community. Contact details can be found here - Cancel your TalkTalk service - TalkTalk Help & Support

Apologies again for any inconvenience

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 5 of 28

@Mally4, you will need to speak to the LOYALTY team to cancel:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Cancel-your-TalkTalk-service/ta-p/2204737

Forum staff are away now till Monday, but they are not authorised to process cancellations. 03451 720088 will be open 9am-6pm on Saturday (not Sunday).

Don't use Chat for this as you still have to finish the process through a phone call.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 6 of 28

NOT A CHANCE.

CANCEL the order, I did not place it, it was offered to me by one of the "managers"

I've had enough of this amateur company, CANCEL everything, i'm going elsewhere.

I have NEVER come across such a CRAP company with the WORST customer service EVER as talktalk.

CONTACT ME A,S,A,P TO CANCEL. 

AND DON'T EVEN THINK OF CHARGING ME, YOU ARE IN BREACH OF CONTRACT AND I HAVE BEEN  LIED TO, IF I HAVE TO I WILL TAKE THIS MATTER FURTHER !!!!!!

TOTAL INCOMPETENCE IS ALL I'VE ENCOUNTERED FROM START TO FINISH.

Message 7 of 28

I've asked our provisioning team to take a look at this, they've said that the upgrade order has been rejected because it was too soon after your upgrade to 150Mbps, it has to be at least 30 days before a new order can be placed. If you could contact our Customer Service team again after the 5th August they'll be able to place the order again and it should go through without any issue. Apologies for the delay

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 28

Hi Mally4,

I'm sorry about this, it looks as though the upgrade order hasn't completed. I'll look into it and get back to you

Chris

0 Likes

Mally4
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 28

Well. After a week or so of toing and froing i was given an offer to take the 500 service.

A new router was duly sent to me to replace the one that was not up to the job of running the 150 service.

I was "promised" a minimum download of 450 + mbps. My speed has NOT increased at all, It is STILL at 94 mbps. It seems the new router to give the promised speed of a minimum 450 + also CANNOT do what it's supposed to do.

As usual "customer service" seem as easy to contact as trying to speak to the dead, i.e Not at all !

I am totally FED up with this GARBAGE and want it sorted before i report talktalk for breach of contract in failing to provide a service for which i am paying. A rep had better contact me very soon or i will instigate a report to higher powers than talktalk ( who have been reported numerous times apparently ).

GET IN TOUCH NOW !!!!!!!!!!

TOTALLY PEED OFF CUSTOMER.

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 28

Hi @Mally4 

I am not sat on any high horse as you have said. I am just a customer offering you help, I do not work for TalkTalk. I am not obliged to help you at all. 

I totally understand that you are not happy with your service, hence why I offered to help you. Please can you confirm if you want my help or not? 

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Mally4
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 28

@Gliwmaeden2 

My internet has to stay on 24hrs as my cameras and alarm system depend on it.

@alanjc

I stated that the eero IS rubbish not that it is not rubbish. I am on a "full fibre" connection to my house, which really is not full fibre as the connection to the router is ethernet not cable. There is no way i will be buying another eero as they cost far too much. If that is the solution then talktalk will be supplying it or i will move to a new isp.

@KeithFrench

I don't remember telling you i did not want assistance from you or anyone. But as you're sat on your high horse i will shoot you off it ( just to make you feel better ).

It says a lot when my old 65meg connection is WAYYY faster than this new 150 connection on the old hub2 router. It's like having a 65 volkswagen beetle being faster that a bugatti veyron, unheard of !

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 28

Hi @alanjc 

Yes I did, mine works every bit as well as my previous Hub 2. However, I did also say that there are a lot of people on here who have had problems. I am happy to help anyone to find out what the problem is & help to rectify it. The problem/cause is likely to be different for each customer. I offered this help to @Mally4, but he just shot me down in flames. If you would like my help, then please create your own thread and @ mention me into it.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

Message 13 of 28

You stated the eero is not rubbish, so why when so-so-called "upgrading" and placing it in the same place result in such poor coverage? your explanation would be greatly appreciated. I have gone from fibre to the cabinet to full fibre so disappointed that I've had to spend more to get coverage using an extra eero.

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 28

Hi @Mally4 

I appreciate that you are unhappy with it, so I offered to help you. However, if you don't want it, that is your choice.

Keith

0 Likes

Message 15 of 28

I have had to resort to adding another Eero downstairs directly below the original Eero and now have better coverage but this was an added expense which shouldn't have been necessary if the Eero had been as good as the old router, TalkTalk needed to get a better router to claim back the crown of "one of the best routers" about as the Eero is NOT as good as made out to be.

Message 16 of 28

The 30 minute switch off can be whenever is convenient for you, @Mally4, so it can be when you are asleep  - it's the minimum time for the purpose, so it can be overnight or whenever you need to sleep, and then just switch on again when you next need it going.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Mally4
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 28

@Chris-TalkTalk

I must have a live connection all the time as i use it for work ( nhs ) so cannot realistically turn it off for 30 mins.

@KeithFrench 

The eero IS rubbish.

I was getting flwaless connections to all my cameras and alarm system and smart plugs on my old 65meg service.

Since "upgrading" , more like downgrading, to 150 the connection has been utter garbage. I had to reset ALL my alarm, cameras and smart plugs because eero did not connect to them even with the same sid and password used on my old service.

I have just run a speedtest on talktalk site and it came back as 45mbps, I USED TO GET 67+ ON MY OLD SERVICE so this "improved", faster connection is way worse. If it's not sorted i want a refund for the speed i'm NOT getting and i will find a provider who can give the speed i pay them for.

NOT HAPPY !!!!!!!

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 28

Hi @Mally4 

If what @Chris-TalkTalk has asked you to try turning the ONT off for 30 minutes does not solve your issues, I can help with all WiFi issues. The eero is not rubbish, I use one myself & it is every bit as good as the previous Sagemcom Hubs 1 or 2. However, there are quite a few people on the forum with similar poor WiFi reception issues as yourself, so the cause needs to be investigated first & then rectified. If you want my help, then please let me know.

The information below is provided by TalkTalk, for confirmation please contact @Debbie-TalkTalk or@Michelle-TalkTalk.

KeithFrench is one of our valued Community Stars and can help with a range of issues related to wireless and networking. At times he may ask you to send him test results via a Private Message to help analyse/diagnose an issue. Although Keith does not work for TalkTalk, he very kindly shares his time and knowledge to help with others.

If you need further help or, if we need to take any details such as personal information about your account like phone numbers, account numbers etc. one of the TalkTalk team will jump in and help out.

Keith

0 Likes

Message 19 of 28

OK could you switch the ONT and eero off for at least 30 minutes then switch back on and retest. Please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Mally4
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 20 of 28

I took a reading on my BRAND NEW 5g phone at fast.com it came back as 40mbps.

My phone is less than a metre away from the eero router.

The speed on my pc which is connected directly to the eero via ethernet cable was a paltry 94mbps. My wife's laptop, connecting using wifi again less than a metre away from the eero, was 82mbps.

I am paying for the 150 service and i'm not getting it.

DO SOMETHING TALKTALK. OR I WILL FIND A PROVIDER THAN CAN !!!