cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

good full fibre deals for existing customers

guitarman3
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 67 of 67

hi guys. getting loads of trouble with my fttc  and thinking about switching to fttp as it's available in my area now. has anyone got any good deals for full fibre while switching from fttc to fttp?

0 Likes
66 REPLIES 66

duggyblair
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 1 of 67

Hi guitarman3

Just been upgraded to fttp 3 days ago and couldn't be more pleased

The installation was straight forward and without any problems. I had worked out where the best place would be for my new router and the Engineer said it would be fine there

I was originally contacted by talktalk and they told me that I would keep my existing deal which was based on fibre65 and would keep my existing landline number, and my existing landline phone would work ok

Speeds have doubled to 75.4Mbps download and 20.9 Mbps upload. No drop outs

So well done to talktalk

DB

0 Likes

guitarman3
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 67

just a quick update. the  hub 1 and eero routers are now on their way back to talktalk. i shouldn't expect any issues in you receiving them as some may have had. thanks again.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 67

Thanks Arne.

Message 5 of 67

Hi @guitarman3

The deal you agree at £26 for 18 months has been applied and a credit for 2 months free. 

There is no charge for changing contract. 

Regards. 

Message 6 of 67

Hi Arne.

After being on the phone for 45 minutes, being on hold three times and speaking to three different call centre staff I finally made some progress. My plan was changed to the cheaper agreed price of £26pm for 18mths with 2 months free. Of course, I’ll wait until it appears on my account to truly believe it. I tried to ask him if this was the original cheaper agreed price taken out on the 24th July but he said this plan will start from today so I’m wondering if I’ve also been charged for a change of contract fee( if such a thing exists) he never mentioned it so I assume I haven’t. What with the bad fibre installation issues and having to deal with numerous call centre staff I hope this is now sorted. thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 67

hi ferguson

What I couldn’t understand was why they didn’t even know the basic things like knowing where the nearest BT grid was and even asking me if I thought the telegraph pole was safe to climb. They made a mess of installing the ONT and would have positioned the drop cable in a place where it would have caused some safety issues. The two young ladies in question just didn’t seem to be concentrating on the job at hand and as a consequence where not as professional as they could have been in my opinion. The engineer guy who came yesterday was also in agreement that the installation was not up to par and did a good job of sorting it out which I was pleased about. Openreach really must look into improving their standards if they don’t want any more bad press.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 67

It is such pot luck which so-called engineers come out for the installation. They are usually contractors, but even so. I consider myself fortunate to have had a really careful one and when I professed an interest in the process he was more than happy to talk me through it. Mind you, I  also have underground ducting which made things easier. It was a two-stage process where first they came to blow the cable to the house. And then the final steps through the wall and to the ONT were carried out separately. It shouldn't be pot-luck though, no customer should be left with a mess, especially as we as taxpayers are subsiding the rollout of fibre with substantial subsidies. 

guitarman3
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 67

Well the engineer came out but he said moving the ONT wasn't what he had been instructed to do for this job description. Apparently moving the ONT wasn't a job for the faults dept to carry out only speed and fibre connection problems even though I was told by the faults dept that moving the ONT to the correct location was the main reason for the engineer call out. The engineer who came said he had been given instructions just to fix the ONT back on the wall. To be honest I've had enough of all this bad workmanship and miscommunication over this fibre install so I'll just leave the ONT where it is. To be fare to the engineer he did do a decent job in tidying the mess the original installers had left behind. Even he was disgusted at how they had left it. Also, he had a look at the drop wire cable bracket and how high the cable was above the ground and didn't seem to be too concerned so I'm happy with that. Now onto the matter of sorting out how to hold talktalk to their word in updating my plan to the agreed cheaper option. I have every faith in you guys to do this for me. thanks

Message 10 of 67

thanks Arne.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 67

Hi guitarman3

Sorry for the problems you have had. 

There is an error on your account that will need to be fixed before we can sort out the renewal issue. 

Once its sorted I will let you know. 

guitarman3
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 67

well i knew this would happen. checked my account and it's been updated with the fibre 150 for £29.95 pm for 24 months plan and not the agreed plan of fibre 150 at £26 pm for 18 months with 2 months free. everything i was told by the inept customer services while i was passed from pillar to post for 80 minutes last week that the cheaper plan would be active on my account was false. i refuse to be angry and upset at this because i know it will be resolved one way or another by the good people of this forum. could you please look into this for me? thanks

EDIT sorry this post should have been in the billing section. just posted there also.

Message 13 of 67

Hi guitarman3,

I've ordered router, it should be with you within 5 working days

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 14 of 67

Hi Michelle. Before I went live with full fibre I had decided not to use the eero at all but to exchange both the eero and hub 1 for the hub 2. I received the eero but I haven"t un boxed it. I'm  still using the hub1 for now. I would like to return both for the hub 2. Thanks

0 Likes

Message 15 of 67

Good afternoon,

Thanks again for the update. Just to confirm, do you mean that you're currently using VOIP with the eero and the digital voice adapter, and you'd like to return both and use the Wifi Hub 2 instead?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 16 of 67

hi michelle. just spoke with a guy from the faults dept, i'm in work till next tuesday so can't do anything till then but he is calling back then to arrange for an engineer appointment the following day . let's hope it gets sorted then.  also, just off topic, it was agreed that i could return my hub 1 router in exchange for the hub 2 with the voice port once i went live with my fibre,  i won't be using the eero  either do you think you could arrange that for me please? thanks

0 Likes

Message 17 of 67
0 Likes

Message 18 of 67

will do.

0 Likes

Message 19 of 67

Hello,

Ok thanks for keeping us updated and please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 20 of 67

hi again michelle. faults escalation guy phoned but i couldn't take the call so he left a voice mail. gave me a number to call but they only deal with loss of connection issues not shoddy workmanship problems. apparently i may receive a call tomorrow between 12pm and 2 pm to  see what needs to be done next and to book someone to come out the fix this. thanks

0 Likes