NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Future fibre installation left with no service

zaknumber1
Participant
Message 39 of 39

Hi I have been a talk talk customer for over 15 years and decided to upgrade to future fibre 500. Rang talktalk and they said yes it was available at my address and booked an installation for Monday 15/11. A combination of contractor and open reach engineers came and eventually installed taking 4 hours. Before they left they said it would take until midnight to work.

woke up the next morning not working so rang talk talk and booked an engineer visit Wednesday morning they came and checked everything and said it was a fault their end, I asked how long and they shrugged their shoulders

so I’ve been left with no service since Monday with no end in sight 

Basic knowledge
0 Likes
38 REPLIES 38

Message 1 of 39

Hi

Glad to her it.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

djbdane
Chat Champion
Message 2 of 39

That's great news! Finally!

0 Likes

zaknumber1
Participant
Message 3 of 39

An update for you all 

ITS WORKING !!!!

I had a missed called at 1015 this morning I listened to the voicemail it was from an openreach engineer asking me to call him back I did just that but no answer.

About half an hour later my ONS light turned red loss of service and I’m thinking I wonder if he is working on it ? Then about an hour later the red light disappeared and the PON light goes steady it’s working ! I set up the eero and it’s all good. Just over 3 weeks with nothing I’m so happy it’s now working 

thank you for everyone that commented and kept my spirits up 

Basic knowledge

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 4 of 39

@zaknumber1, if you check the Ts&Cs (link at the foot of any TT page) you'll see that they don't compensate for the cost of using data and other expenses etc when our internet is down.

The automatic compensation is not a service that forum staff have control over, so is exactly as described in the link.

Sometimes discretionary compensation can be authorised, but it is exactly that: discretionary. 

Leave the Direct Debit in place to avoid tangles with the billing. The automatic compensation is a generous daily rate once you finally get it.

However, you have had a very poor experience.... we are all paying more to help them upgrade their infrastructure, but the service simply doesn't appear to reflect that. Hope it's sorted for you soon!

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

zaknumber1
Participant
Message 5 of 39

20 days now with NO NOTHING internet.

Thank you for your comments about auto compensation I understand this doesn’t pay out until it’s fixed though ? So I’m paying my £43 a month bill for NOTHING anyone know if I can get a reduction on my bill as I’m paying for NO SERVICE ?

I will have to get some sort of mobile internet to tide me over until it’s fixed my problem is money is tight and I can’t really afford to pay for something else 

Basic knowledge
0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 6 of 39

Talktalk's guidance for automatic compensation is here, @zaknumber1:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/About-your-auto-compensation-credit/ta-p/2326583

It's calculated after it's all resolved.....

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 7 of 39

You may want to look here about compensation TalkTalk have signed up to the scheme - compensation should be automatic. As of July 2020 Ofcom deemed that the pandemic was no longer a reason not to pay compensation.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/costs-and-billing/automat...

zaknumber1
Participant
Message 8 of 39

19 days now left with NOTHING I wonder how long this will go on for ? 
just to remind you when future fibre is installed they disconnect you old copper wire so if the fibre doesn’t work you are left with nothing until they fix it 

Basic knowledge

zaknumber1
Participant
Message 9 of 39

Thank you again Tech50 it’s a shame talktalk don’t tell me this they are a telecoms company and speak with openreach all the time so have an idea of an estimate of how long this might take to repair ? It’s been nearly 3 weeks now and I’ve been left with NOTHING as they disconnected the old copper wire when they installed the fibre. I’m just left in limbo not knowing if it might be best to get a 12 month mobile internet contract or not ? 

Basic knowledge
0 Likes

Tech50
Chatterbox
Message 10 of 39

You're welcome.  I'm a retired tech.  I'm used to interpreting the gobbledygook when I've been talking to suppliers.  All of those are new to me (except PON, passive optical network, the type of fibre network Openreach use).  That's what I liked about the job.  You learn something new every day.

I don't make you any promises I'm entirely correct but it looks as though he's identified that something is connected up wrong, he just can't find where.

zaknumber1
Participant
Message 11 of 39

Thank you tech50 for that information. It’s a shame talktalk couldn’t just tell me that. No one seems to know if it’s a minor or major fault. The way you explained it, it doesn’t sound like it should be too much longer to fix ? 

Basic knowledge
0 Likes

Tech50
Chatterbox
Message 12 of 39

I don't know whether this helps or not but I was curious about the text, so doing a bit of digging:

DCOE…diagnostic centre of excellence

SASA…splitter array sub assembly

CBT…connectorized terminal block

FND…fibre network design

My take on the message is "Something's connected up wrong but I can't pin-point where it is so I'm passing it to a diagnostic centre for further investigation"

zaknumber1
Participant
Message 13 of 39

It’s now 17 days I’ve been left with NOTHING all I want is someone to please give me an estimate on how long it’s likely to take to be fixed

all I’m being told is it’s in progress and to contact again in a few days to again to be told excalty the same 

someone somewhere must have an idea of how long I’m going to left with NOTHING then if it’s going to be a long time I will buy a mobile dongle 

Basic knowledge

djbdane
Chat Champion
Message 14 of 39

god what a complete mess - I really hope you manage to get this sorted soon - surely there must be some compensation due for all the drama and time wasted?

Message 15 of 39

OK thanks. I think the important thing is that they are trying to resolve the issue and an update is due on the 4th, I'm sorry it's taking so long

Chris

0 Likes

zaknumber1
Participant
Message 16 of 39

Yes it was the future fibre team 

that was the update openreach gave them I don’t understand what it means 

Basic knowledge
0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 17 of 39

Hi zaknumber1,

I'm really sorry this is taking so long to resolve, was that the future fibre team that you were chatting too?

Chris

0 Likes

zaknumber1
Participant
Message 18 of 39

16 days without internet the engineer came yesterday and reported this 

don’t know what that means or an estimate of how long 24C939DD-B034-458E-9033-AF0E55A6170F.png

Basic knowledge
0 Likes

Message 19 of 39

OK, please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

zaknumber1
Participant
Message 20 of 39

Hi Chris 

no I haven’t yet I will speak to the future fibre team tomorrow as I know with experience of speaking to them over 20 times already they will just say openreach haven’t updated the account and to contact them tomorrow 

Basic knowledge
0 Likes