NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roblox lags and freezes since switching to fibre 150 and eero 6

StephWev
First Timer
Message 12 of 12

We had TalkTalk fibre with no issue and Roblox worked perfectly. We upgraded to the Fibre 150 with the Eero 6 and had nothing but lag and freezing with Roblox to the point an ethernet lead needs to be used to play it properly. Any reason why this is?

Also found I had to add some Web addresses to an allowed list or the would sudden stop loading and there would be issues. I had to turn off the ad blocker as it blocked things such as Google ads etc too. I have added Roblox to the allowed list.

The kids hate the new Internet but it's better for everything else, just terrible for Roblox!

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Hello,

Apologies for the delay. Just a quick update to let you know that I've not forgotten your post and that I'm still looking into this for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 12

Morning,

I'm sorry for the delay. The team advised that they would have a look so I will chase for an update now. It would either have to be the eero or the wifi hub connected, it would not be possible to combine the two.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

Hi, did you managed to find anything out about this?

Can I plug the eero into the old fibre hub and use the eero as a mesh system that way so the laptops can connect to the original hub but anything else can use either of them?

Definitely no complaints now I changed it to the talktalk hub and stopped using the eero so that's definitely the problem. 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

Morning,

Ok. I'll see what I can find out and will post back as soon as I know more.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

I'm not 100% sure it's the eero but does seem to be. In the help section on thr eero app it directs to you. There is nothing on eero diagnostics or support from them. Plus every test it asks to do shows the overall Internet speed is fine but there is an issue with gaming sites.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

Morning,

Thanks for confirming and ruling this out. Have you followed the diagnostics steps in the eero app as there should be the option to contact eero support directly?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

Hi,

No when connecting direct with ethernet it is better. 

Today I have gone back to the old router instead of the eero and it seems that Roblox is better wireless with the old router and the issue is when using eero.

It's notnideal as I use the eero mesh system but can not do that now I have moved back to the older router we have.

Is there a way to get this resolved somehow? 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

Morning,

Can I just confirm, does this also happen if you connect wired? I'm just trying to confirm if this is solely related to the wireless connection.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 9 of 12

Hi,

The speeds are fine usually 130 plus so no issue with that. 

It is just gaming sites so Roblox and also minecraft that's the issue. 

Steph 

0 Likes

StephWev
First Timer
Message 10 of 12

Hi,

The speeds are fine usually 130 plus so no issue with that. 

It is just gaming sites so Roblox and also minecraft that's the issue. 

Steph 

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 11 of 12

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. Can I just confirm, are the wireless speed ok when this happens? What speeds are you seeing when you run a speed test? Is this the only site which is experiencing this issue?

Thanks

0 Likes