cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Caller ID stopped working

BillBees
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 37 of 37

Caller ID stopped working on my landline about 2 weeks ago. It is still showing as enabled in my account, but all incoming calls simply show “Incoming call” on all my ‘phones. 

0 Likes
36 REPLIES 36

Message 1 of 37

OK thanks MIke, please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 37

Further update to that previous message. Today it worked a couple of times and then stopped so I got him to unplug the phone from the wall and power it off again, count to 10 and plug it back in.  Called him back and it was working. I’ve told him to just do one of those things (either unplug phone from wall or power cycle the phone) next time it stops working and see if it starts working again. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 37

I went round yesterday and took my phone set with me to try again (last time I did this it made no difference, still no caller ID). Before logging in to his account and turning caller ID off and on again I  unplugged his phone, plugged mine in, called it from my mobile and caller ID worked.  Swapped back to his phone, caller ID still working. 2 hours later, no caller ID.  Unplugged his phone from the socket and power cycled it, plugged it back in and caller ID works again.  So it’s intermittent and just possible that unplugging the phone resets something which makes it work again for a short while - not really enough evidence of that though. 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 37
0 Likes

Message 5 of 37

Ok, I will try that when I visit on Wednesday and let you know. 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 37

Ok Mike, but as its been working it's worth trying again as removing it and re-adding it often does get it working again

Chris

0 Likes

Message 7 of 37

Hi Chris, we did this back in July when the caller ID first stopped working - it’s all in this thread if you look back.

This is actually Bill’s son Mike trying to sort it out for him (as I have been for over 2 months) as it’s all too much for him. 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 37

Hi BillBees,

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems again. Could you try removing and re-adding it in My Account and then retest

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 9 of 37

Unfortunately that was short-lived - it stopped working so we are back to square one. 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 37

Hello again,

I'm glad to hear that and thanks for confirming.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

BillBees
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 37

Hi Michelle,

As of this morning the caller display is working again, so we will leave it there for now.  Thanks for your help. 

0 Likes

Message 12 of 37

Morning,

Thanks for confirming. Could you add your name, mobile number and also the best times to call you to the Privates Notes section of your Community Profile and we can ask our Faults Escalation Team to contact you. Please do not post any personal information on the Community.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 13 of 37

Hi Michelle,

I am Bill’s son, I’ve spent weeks trying to sort this out on his behalf.  I spoke with him this this evening - he said he did receive a call today from someone who said they were from TalkTalk but he just couldn’t understand what they were saying and asked them if I could call them.  My father is elderly and has poor hearing so struggles to understand calls from voices that he doesn’t know.   I’ve tried calling the general support number before and just got passed from department to department with long delays in between, repeatedly giving the same details, and got nowhere. 

To recap, many weeks ago I arranged via PMs with Chris (see earlier posts in this thread) to be at my fathers house on a particular day to receive a call on his landline from Network Services.  This happened and I spent half an hour following instructions while they carried out tests. At the end I was told that in a few days time the issue would be fixed.  Clearly that got nowhere and since then nothing has happened. 

Prior to that I took my phone, on which caller ID works at my house, to the property and plugged it in to check that it wasn’t a fault with my father’s ’phone - no caller ID on my ‘phone either. 

If Network Services would like to call me on my mobile I can pm you the number.  I won’t be able to get to the property until late the week after next if they want anything done while they run more tests. 

It seems to me that the only way this is going to get resolved is for an engineer to visit and be in contact with relevant personnel to get to the bottom of the problem. 

Mike Bees

0 Likes

Message 14 of 37

Hello,

I'm really sorry to hear that. I escalated this again this morning. Have our Faults Escalation Team been in touch today?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 15 of 37

Another 2+ weeks have gone by and still nothing happens.  This really is not good enough. 

0 Likes

Message 16 of 37

Morning,

Thanks for the PM and I'm really sorry to hear this. I've escalated this straight back to our Faults Escalation Team and have asked if they can provide us with an update ASAP.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 17 of 37

Hi Bill,

I've got the correct number, I'll PM it to you

Chris

0 Likes

Message 18 of 37

Thankyou. The number I wrote down was 034517204. 

0 Likes

Message 19 of 37

Hi Bill,

I'm trying to find out which number you were given. I'll PM you the number when I have it

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 20 of 37

The normal customer services number is 03451 720088., @BillBees.

They may be able to see who called etc.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes