cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Caller ID stopped working

BillBees
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 11

Caller ID stopped working on my landline about 2 weeks ago. It is still showing as enabled in my account, but all incoming calls simply show “Incoming call” on all my ‘phones. 

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Staff will follow up after the weekend, @BillBees.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

BillBees
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 11

No difference, sorry.  Maybe I need to try and borrow another phone, though it don’t see how a phone fault could just stop caller display from working. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

OK thanks. I've made a change, could you please test again and let me know if it's made any difference

Chris

0 Likes

BillBees
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 11

Have now done that - no difference, phone still just says “Incoming call”.  The call history in the phone shows that it last worked on the 22nd of June. 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

Everything looks OK on our side so could you unplug the cordless phone base unit from the power supply, leave it unplugged for a few minutes then plug back in and retest. Please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

Thanks, I'll take a look at this now and get back to you

Chris

0 Likes

BillBees
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 11

That’s done.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 11

Hi Bill,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

BillBees
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 11

Hello Michelle,

I switched off Caller Display in my account this morning, waited until it was showing as being off, switched it back on and waited a few more hours after which it was showing as enabled again, but it still isn’t working. 

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 10 of 11

Morning Bill,

I'm sorry to hear this. Have you tried removing the Caller Display service in your My Account and once this shows as removed then re-added it again?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes