cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

CallSafe not working

DrStrange
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 7

Hi,

I turned on CallSafe a few weeks ago but I don't think it's working as scammers are still getting through to me directly when I answer the call. When the landline rings I'm not getting any message asking if I want to let the caller through or not. Isn't the caller supposed to be asked for their name?

When I dial 1472 I get the message "To approve or block the number that last called you press 1 or type in a new number by pressing 2".  When I press 1 I get this message: "Sorry we can't help you at this time. Please call 150 from your TalkTalk landline to speak to a member of the team."

I did check My Account when I turned it on a few weeks ago and it did show as turned on and I can add phone numbers to it using My Account. I checked My Account today and it shows that it's turned on.  I thought with the CrowdStrike outage it would be better if I posted on the forum instead of ringing 150.  Could somebody please check why CallSafe isn't working?

Thanks.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

HI DrStrange

Sorry for the delay it will need a fault logging by the full fibre team, I cant seem to log it for you, so can you call and ask to speak to the full fibre team explain the calls safe service has been removed and re-added but is still not working. they can log it. 

Apologies for any inconvenience caused 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Staff will follow up after the weekend, @DrStrange.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

DrStrange
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 7

Hi @Arne-TalkTalk 

I'm just bumping my query to check if you read my reply I made on Tuesday?

0 Likes

DrStrange
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 7

Hi @Arne-TalkTalk

Thanks for your help. I got the automated emails stating that CallSafe has been removed then added back to My Account. Unfortunately that doesn't seem to have worked. I got a relative to call me on my landline this evening (23/07/24) and she wasn't asked to record her name, she got straight through to me. Also, when I dial 1472 then press 1 to approve or block the last number called, I still get this message "Sorry we can't help you at this time. Please call 150 from your TalkTalk landline to speak to a member of the team".

My TalkTalk Account shows that an eero is attached to the ONT as that is what I was sent when I upgraded to Full Fibre. However, I later swapped it and the Grandstream DVA out for a Sagemcom Fast 5464, so the landline is attached to the phone port on the Sagemcom.

This evening I reconnected the eero to the ONT, the DVA to the eero and the landline to the DVA to test if the Sagemcom was the problem. I got back on the internet without a problem. I rang my landline using my mobile and rang 1472 on the landline. Unfortunately, CallSafe is still not working for me.

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 7

I have completed this now, can you test later on tonight around 6pm

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 7

Hi @DrStrange

Doesn't sound like its working, so the first step is to remove it from this side and then re-add it, so you will get some automated emails , that will be me taking this action. 

If that doesn't work we will need to log it as a fault. 

0 Likes