cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Home phone

Brownbacker
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 12 of 12

My telephone landline went down, and I had it checked it and got this message

We are working on your fault.
Updated on: 22/06/23

You have an open case and we are working to fix it. Check back in a few days."
This is all well and good but people need to phone us  (we are OAPs) but our phone is dead.  Why do I have to wait a few days?  People who try and phone us say our phone appears to be ringing.

REP-13057038

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Hi Brownbacker

I have asked the auto compensation team to investigate. Auto compensation can take up to 30 days to be applied to your account. 

Once the investigation is complete you will receive an SMS/Email.

If you haven't heard anything by the 27th of August let me know. 

Regards

0 Likes

Message 2 of 12

Hi Brownbacker

I can help with this I first need to confirm some security questions

I have sent you a PM on the community

Regards

0 Likes

Brownbacker
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 3 of 12

Further to my post of

""27th June 2023 11.05

Phoned TT and spoke to Nokwanda who agreed to remove the call divert after the repair and it should be cleared after 10 mins. (now done).  I advised TT that BT man had advised it was the fault of the Fibre internet installer who should have disconnected my old landline internet.  When that was cut off, I lost my landline. As it was not my fault, I requested compensation for loss of landline and inconvenience.  She will arrange compensation on 27th July. I was concerned that other TT customers should not have to go through the experience I have done.  Could TT ensure that fibre installers are aware of the need to cut off the old internet on conversion? she will pass on my concerns to the relevant department.."" 
I have yet to receive the compensation promised on 27th July  or the the compensation for the missed appointment referred to email of 27th June
From: TalkTalk Customer Service <info@customer-service.talktalk.co.uk>
Sent: 27 June 2023 21:16
To: .COM>
Subject: We're sorry our engineer missed your appointment

Hello,

We’re sorry that our engineer missed your appointment today.

We’d like to put things right, so we’re going to add a credit to your account of £29.15. It will appear on your next bill. To book another appointment, please call us on 0345 172 0050. Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

Your TalkTalk team

0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

Hi

I'm pleased to hear that our colleague has agreed to feed his back internally and going forward there should be no further issues for you, however our Team are always here if you need us.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12
27th June 2023 11.05

Phoned TT and spoke to Nokwanda who agreed to remove the call divert after the repair and it should be cleared after 10 mins. (now done).  I advised TT that BT man had advised it was the fault of the Fibre internet installer who should have disconnected my old landline internet.  When that was cut off, I lost my landline. As it was not my fault, I requested compensation for loss of landline and inconvenience.  She will arrange compensation on 27th July. I was concerned that other TT customers should not have to go through the experience I have done.  Could TT ensure that fibre installers are aware of the need to cut off the old internet on conversion? she will pass on my concerns to the relevant department..
0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

Hi Brownbacker

I'm really sorry for the delay.

I can see that this fault has been raised to Openreach and an engineer visit has already been arranged by our Faults Team.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

@Brownbacker, I've put your replies in bold for ease of reading. Staff will respond soon.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Private Message

Message 8 of 12

Thanks Glyweed2 

Re 

Presumably you are unable to ring out AND the phone is not ringing when people try to call?   Yes

It can help eliminate faults if you try another handset, and also if you plug it directly into the test socket. Staff will probably take you through that step when they look into your case.   Have now tried both main phone and spare iinto master socket but still nothing

Re "If the landline is essential for you, ensure that you have recorded this fact with Talktalk, as it can help prioritise a resolution. See:  Do not quite reach the threshhold bar for .  My wife has some health issues (but not as bad as the 4 categories listed)

and does not use the computer to communicate or use a mobile so needs landline

My landline number is now showing in my profile.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 9 of 12

Thanks Debbie. Re Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile.. Now Done

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 10 of 12

Hi Brownbacker

I'm sorry to hear this.

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, we can then look into this further.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 12

It can take 2 or 3 days to get engineers on a case - always best to report it via Chat as soon as you are aware of it, @Brownbacker.

Presumably you are unable to ring out AND the phone is not ringing when people try to call?

It can help eliminate faults if you try another handset, and also if you plug it directly into the test socket. Staff will probably take you through that step when they look into your case.

If you have a phone fault, contacting Talktalk directly may mean that they set up Call Divert while the fault is in place. Any phone calls to your landline will then be diverted to the mobile number that you should have recorded as a fallback in My Account. 

That way, you should feel less cut off.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529

Don't rely on the My Connection tests in the Service Status pages to get this fixed. Often the fault simply falls off after 3 days with nothing being done, but when you test it again it records another fault. 

If the landline is essential for you, ensure that you have recorded this fact with Talktalk, as it can help prioritise a resolution. See:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/TalkTalk-Accessibility/ct-p/talktalk-accessibility

Finally, staff can't help without identifying your account number. Don't post any personal information on the open forum pages, but add your Talktalk landline number in the community forum profile details. 

Go via your avatar/name; settings; Personal Information. SAVE CHANGES. 

Staff reply Monday to Friday, during the day. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes