cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Landline Saga

ab5000
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 2

Hi 

About 3 or so weeks ago I reported an issue with my landline to TalkTalk Tech Support.  The issue is that intermittently (but frequently) callers to my landline complain that my voice is distorted, making it very difficult for them to understand me.   I am able to make and receive calls and I can not hear the distortion at my end, so the distortion is ONLY heard by people who call me, or who I call.

TalkTalk have sent a TalkTalk engineer to my property and also an Openreach engineer.   Both reported back that the fault is outside the property, in fact two separate Openreach engineers have fully tested the line back to the Openreach exchange.  Both Openreach engineers reported on 16 and 17 June respectively that the issue is actually an 'HDF Issue' in TalkTalk's exchange equipment and that therefore, TalkTalk need to send out one of their own engineers to fix the issue in their own equipment.    I reported this news back to TT Tech Support but the person I spoke to on the afternoon of 17 June said he had never heard of an HDF issue.   

As I type, the fault issue affecting my landline is still present, but it's getting increasingly frustrating trying to get TT to recognise the fault and to do anything about it.   Your help would be appreciated, thanks. 

ab5000
0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 2

Hi ab5000,

I'll pass this to our network team and ask them to take a look. I'll let you know when I receive an update or they may contact you directly 

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes