cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Landline not able to make or receive calls

BevTalk62
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 7

Reporting fault on fathers landline, which does not seem able to make or receive calls as of 8/9/2024.  I have added his details in my private info in my profile.

I am not at his property but can attend tomorrow (Monday). Is there any way of testing his line?

The router is working and he has internet access. The phone is in the same master socket and has power but phone has no dial tone.  The phone equipment seems to be working as the base powers up with a ring, and can find the handset which is also an audible ring. External callers hear ring tone and the ‘leave a message’ option plays but does not show on the phone handset.

Both he and mum are over 80 and rely on the landline (mum had stroke 2023). They make very limited use of internet, hence I am reporting the issue.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi @BevTalk62 

That's great. I'm glad to hear that everything is now working ok.

I will pass on your feedback to Chris 🙂

I've sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Fault now repaired. Great assistance and advice from @Chris-TalkTalk who kept me updated through the process. All completed within about 48 hours which is great for my elderly parents, who rely on their landline.  Call from welfare team received today checking all was working,  Great service from all involved this time.  Thank you.

Message 3 of 7

Hi Bev,

There was an update earlier this morning from Openreach saying 'engineer dispatched' so hopefully the issue will be resolved soon. I'll check again in a couple of hours for further updates 

Chris

Message 4 of 7

Hi Bev,

Sorry to hear that you didn't receive a callback, let me find out what's going on and I'll get back to you

Chris

0 Likes

Message 5 of 7

@Chris-TalkTalk @Have sent you a PM - can you give me an update please. Did not receive callback yesterday (9/9/24).

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 7

Hi Bev,

Line test is picking up a potential issue. I've sent you a PM to confirm some other details

Chris