cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Loss of landline service for 28 days

Willow6
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

My landline was out of action for 28 days and i am so far getting nowhere with TT when it comes to getting compensation. They are abysmal at giving out straight answers in clear language from one source hence why I have resorted to this forum. I cancelled my direct debit last month and have now been switched over to Vodafone yet am still receiving automated messages as if there was time for me to reconsider the move. When dealing with the initial complaint about the fault my son and I were both in contact at various times by phone and live chat for over an hour at a time, with him at one point having to crawl around and check wires and send photos - I could not have done this myself. The issue was compounded by none of the numerous staff we interacted with being able to say whether they had contacted Openreach to test the outside line (once they were finally involved the twice severed line in the street was repaired in a couple of days). My late husband and I experienced less than ideal service from TT a few times, mainly again to do with how hard it is to actually get in touch with a communications firm, in past years but this time around was atrocious.

Grateful if someone can provide a single point of contact so I can finally get a clear answer to the compensation question and stop having to field emails and text messages which are behind the times.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 4

Hi Willow6

The fault was fixed on the 1st July, Auto compensation will take 30 days after the fault has been resolved to be calculated, an SMS/Email will be sent to you when applied.

Regards

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 4

Just to add for the benefit of the support team, OP first raised an issue back on 10 June, but didn't follow up when asked for further details.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Full-Fibre/Land-line/m-p/3045979

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

@Willow6, this needs to be in the billing section, so I'll move it there for you.

....however, if you just chose to leave Talktalk, I am not sure that the compensation system will apply. 

If you cancelled your Direct Debit, it will also be complicated getting anything back.

Staff will reply during the day, Monday to Friday. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes