cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Internet connection lagging and very slow

Saba16
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 15

Good evening,

For over a week I'm experiencing very slow and disruptive Internet connection.

Nothing loads well at all and I'm having to use my mobile data to load internet pages at home on my devices.

I have rest and rebooted the device's, and the routers and nothing is working well. I have tried to run a connection test on this talk talk website and its showing a oops come back later message. Is this a joke or something 🙈

Theres no contact information or any help online, its like a self service thing and I'm really unhappy.

Anyone else experiencing anything similar... Thank you

If this carries on I'll be switching in matter of days 

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

Hello,

Thanks for the PM and please let us know how you get on.

Michelle

0 Likes

Saba16
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 15

Thank you for checking my connection,  and yes its been really poor lately, I hope something can be done so that I do not have to go through the hassle of changing providers. Whatever it is, it seem like there must be an interference from where the lines are coming in from,  just a guess or maybe an engineer might have to pay a visit

0 Likes

Message 3 of 15

Hi @Saba16 

I've had a look at the connection and some of the Wi-Fi data here.  I can see some Wi-Fi interferance and a couple of the devices connecting with a poor signal strength at some times.

I'll drop you a PM with some other info.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Saba16
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 15

The new router has made no difference whatsoever,  and I have given it more than enough time now too. Frustrated 😭

0 Likes

Saba16
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 15

Hi there,

After the router replacement,  I am still having the same issues, my internet is barely working just like it was with the older router.

There's still the same lag, youtube will not load on both tvs, and on other devices I'm toggling between wifi and mobile data.

If I'm connected to the wifi and paying bills, everything fails and doesnt even load, and now I'm strictly having to use my mobile data to do the very important tasks online. What do I do now 🤦‍♀️

0 Likes

Message 6 of 15

Hi @Saba16 

You're welcome 🙂

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 7 of 15

Good morning, Thank you very much Debbie, very much appreciated.

Message 8 of 15

Hi @Saba16 

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've ordered you a replacement router, please allow 48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 9 of 15

I have followed your instructions and added my personal details for talk talk to resolve the issue, I hope it's hassle free 🙏 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 15

Thank you very much for your help and support. I hope talk talk does replace my router if it has been discontinued. I wish they had sent a replacement from when they discontinued the current model to avoid issues.

For the time being I have rebooted the router many times and left it switched off for longer periods of times to see if theres any changes but that also didn't work. Absolute pain.

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 15

The first step, before doing any diagnostics is to get that router replaced. It has been discontinued and can be unstable. I will ask TalkTalk to do this for you & after it has been replaced, if you still have WiFi problems, then please come back to me.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 12 of 15

1  cable running from the router sorry, no ethernet cbles.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 15

Thank you for your time and reply, very much appreciated.

The router model is

DG8041W-2.T5

I'm  not using ethernet cables, only 2 broadband cable running, I dont have fibre optic.

1 blue light, which is normal. No other colours flashing

My pages are not loading, I'm having to toggle between broadband and mobile data which is no good

Im on a basic package and have been for the last 4 years and the past week has been a nightmare with connectivity.

Package is fibre 65.

Thank you

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 15

Please can you elaborate by answering these few questions:-

1. What make/model of router do you have (if this is a TalkTalk router, these details will be on a label on the rear or underside of it)?
2. What package are you on?
3. What is the exact status of the lights on the front of the router when this happens?
4. If you have any wired connections, are they affected in the same way as wireless ones?

5. If on Full Fibre, what lights are on the ONT?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?