cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

No phone line but broadband okay

nick-stephens
Participant
Private Message
Message 19 of 19

Hi. I have a problem with my phone line. The broadband works fine but I cannot make or receive calls. The handset works fine, however I get no dial tone, and attaching the handset to the test socket made no difference.

I really need the phone line to work so if you could sort it out soon, that would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

18 REPLIES 18

Message 1 of 19

Hi June,

I'm going to get someone to take a look at your telephone fault, I'll let you know when I have an update

Chris

Message 2 of 19

Please do start your own topic by clicking on the link that Ferguson gave you in his reply.

This way you will have a support thread in the queue for staff attention. 

They are not on here in the evenings but reply during the day (Monday to Friday).

They will post a reply in your thread, but will not ring you as this forum is online support only.

They will need to identify your account, so please also complete your Personal Information. 

Go via your avatar; settings; drop down menu....add your Talktalk phone number or account number in Personal Information. SAVE CHANGES.

This is for identification purposes only. Do not post these details in your new topic, as the information must not be visible to the general public. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 3 of 19

@June641 

You need to start your own topic, click here

0 Likes

Message 4 of 19

Hello, can you help me please.  I'm an elderly pensioner and I cannot use my landline phone.  I have no mobile phone only land line.  I have received an incoming call but I cannot make a call - no connection.  I'm so worried as I'm on my own and I'm frighten in case of emergency and I cannot get anyone what will happen to me.  Please phone me on my landline as I don't have mobile.  Help me please.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 19

Hello, are we still connected as I'm not getting any help from anyone at TALK TALK

0 Likes

Message 6 of 19

Can you please ring me on my landline as it seems I can receive incoming calls, my sister just rang but I cannot make any outgoing calls.  Please ring me on my landline URGENT!

0 Likes

Message 7 of 19

I have use my phone earlier today and it was okay.  So why is it not working?  I don't have a mobile phone only land line.  Can you no check to see you I cannot make any calls.  I have checked how to see if the phone line is working or not.  Please, help as I am an elderly person on my own and I need to phone my sister as she will be worried what is happening.  This is URGENT

0 Likes

Message 8 of 19

@June641 

This is an old and dormant thread. Please start your own topic and we will be happy to help. 

0 Likes

June641
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 19

I cannot make any phone calls, there is dialling tone when I lift phone but no connection when I try to ring anyone

0 Likes

Message 10 of 19

Hi Nick,

if you'd like us to arrange an engineer visit can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.
  • Confirm your mobile number

I've also sent you a PM to confirm some other details

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 11 of 19

Here is what I have tried so far.

Unscrewed front cover of phone outlet and plugged phone into the test socket. No dialtone as before.

The fact that the broadband is working was perplexing at first, until I realised that you only need one wire for broadband, but two for a landline. I strongly suspect the fault is outside of the property. I will try the text messaging service because I am at work during the day. Thanks for your help.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 19

It must be the wiring in the flat.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 19

Yes, an engineer visit would be good.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 19

The two line tests that I've run have both passed, not picking up any issues but if your sure that the telephone is OK then we can arrange an engineer visit to investigate further. If you'd like us to do this please let me know and I'll confirm some details with you

Chris

0 Likes

Message 15 of 19

Also, my line test report is still showing a fault.

https://support.talktalk.co.uk/fault-timeline/REP-13321806

0 Likes

Message 16 of 19

It's a new handset which has been working up untl now. I don't have another one.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 19

Hi Nick,

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with your service. Line test is passing, are you able to test with a different handset to make sure it isn't a problem with the phone?

Chris

0 Likes

nick-stephens
Participant
Private Message
Message 18 of 19

I alkso did a line test. Reference number REP-13321806

0 Likes