cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

One-way only calls on full fibre

JuneN
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 10

Ever since switching to full fibre (in the hope that it might resolve the regular line distortion during calls) I now find that 50% of the time, when someone calls me, they can hear me clearly but all I hear is silence.  If I call them straight back it's usually fine.

Also, frequently when I make a call it just drops before connecting.

I've power cycled the Hub 2 router and reset it.  Have given up trying to speak to the Talktalk call centre.  After spending ages going through security and then waiting around, they decide that I need to speak to the Full Fibre team.  I get passed over to them, same delays then they decide that as it's a "phone issue" I need to speak to the main support team, and round we go.

Any ideas how to progress this?

Thanks

June

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Great, thank you 🙂 We'll check back in with you next week 🙂

Michelle

JuneN
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 10

Thanks, Michelle - will get it set up and try it for a couple of weeks to see what happens.  Will let you know.

June.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Hi @JuneN 

I've ordered the eero and digital voice adapter, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

If you receive an email to say that this is chargeable then please ignore this, there will be no charge for this.

Thanks

Michelle

JuneN
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 10

Hi MIchelle - yes please, at this stage happy to try anything to resolve the issue!

Are you sending the voice adapter as well?

Many thanks

June

Message 5 of 10

Hi June,

It's not giving us the option to send another Wifi Hub 2 but an eero instead. Would you like to try the eero with the digital voice adapter instead to see how this compares?

Michelle

0 Likes

JuneN
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 10

Hi Michelle

This is the Hub 2 that was sent out as part of the FTTP upgrade (original hub had no PSTN socket).  Happy to try a replacement.

Many thanks

June

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Hi June,

Thanks for confirming. Have we ever sent a replacement wifi hub 2 to rule this out? If not then I think we should try a replacement router.

Michelle

Message 8 of 10

Hi Michelle

It was a different issue on the copper voice line; again intermittent, but there would be very heavy distortion so you could only just make out the caller's voice.  Calling back it would be clear, and happened with different handsets.   That did still happen a few times after the move to full fibre, but seems to have stopped now.

On the FTTP line now the caller can hear me clearly but no sound at all my end.  Redialling usually goes through fine.  I've not been able to try with another handset but doesn't feel like a handset issue, and has only happened since the move to FTTP.

Probably unrelated but the Call Waiting function has also stopped working since the move to FTTP.

Thanks

June

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 10

Morning June,

I'm sorry to hear this. Can I just confirm, do you mean that the voice issue was also happening on the copper voice line before changing to FTTP and digital voice? Have you ever tested with a different phone?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes