cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

OpenReach have connected me to wrong landline!

Jaymaycee
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 23 of 23

Please, somebody help! OpenReach were working in my locality last week and on 26th January soon after they left I found my landline number had changed and my broadband wouldn’t work. Called my old number from my mobile and a neighbour answered. Her own landline number had been given to someone else. I’ve reported this to TalkTalk numerous times and got absolutely nowhere. I even collared an OpenReach engineer on another job in the town yesterday - he knew all about tge mixup, said it was down to old wiring and they’d made a ‘best guess’ but got it wrong, and that multiple landlines were involved, but that it was ‘a half-hour job’ to put right.  He advised anyone affected to contact their suppliers at once. But even with this confirmation from one of yhe guys responsible I can’t get anyone at customer services to listen. They raised a fault but no action was taken. One update later on 26th Jan said an engineer had visited and the fault was fixed! My internet, which I’ve been unable to access since I lost my landline, is apparently ‘looking good’. I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve been asked to carry out checks on my landline which is impossible, as it’s currently wired to my neighbour’s address. I’ve spoken to at least a dozen different agents, all if whom promise to help but either don’t seem to grasp what I’m saying or simply don’t believe me. What can I do to convince TalkTalk that I’m telling the truth and that OpenReach need to sort this out? 

0 Likes
22 REPLIES 22

Message 1 of 23

Hi

That's great news, just checking incase I had to follow up with Openreach for you.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 23

Hi - yes, the engineer has reconnected my landline and everything is back to normal. Many thanks for getting this sorted for me! 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 23

Hi @Jaymaycee

Openreach have reported that the fault is resolved for you now, can you confirm all is ok ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 4 of 23

Hi

I've sent you a pm to allow us to rebook the engineer to your property.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

Message 5 of 23

STILL trying to book an engineer! Live chat was no use - spoke to four different agents without any result. Called customer services at 5pm this evening. The agent who answered said he was going to check my account then left me on hold for 30 minutes, after which I ended the call as he obviously had no intention of getting back to me and I’ve already wasted hours over this. PLEASE HELP!

0 Likes

Jaymaycee
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 6 of 23

So today I finally conduct a successful live chat - after being disconnected four times mid-chat - and manage to convince the CS agent that I need an Openreach engineer to visit my home. I log into my account, and sure enough there’s the option to book a visit. I select ‘Start booking’, only to see the message ‘Sorry, we’ve run into a problem - please try again later’. 
I have - several times, but still no luck. Lost count of the number of times I’ve contacted TT over this and got absolutely nowhere. 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 23

Hi Jaymaycee

Sorry for the delay.

We've received an update from Openreach to advise that the engineer investigating has said that access to premises is required to complete the job. Access required to tone back from NTE. 

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details, I can then arrange this visit for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 8 of 23

Hi Debbie - am totally confused now. Just received email from TT saying they’ve found a fault, need to send an Openreach engineer to my home to fix it and that I need to book an appointment. On logging into my account, I’m told to select a time slot for Monday 6th between 1 and 6pm, but above this it says ‘Choose either 7th or 8th February for total loss of service compensation’. I’m not clear a) why an engineer needs to come to my home when the fault is an external one and b) what the two contradictory statements about booking mean? 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 23

Hi Jaymaycee

Openreach have advised that the estimated resolution date for this fault is showing as 06/Feb/23.

I will continue to monitor this for additional updates.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 10 of 23

Hi Jaymaycee

It appears that this fault is part of a bigger fault in your area. I will ask Openreach today for additional updates/timescales.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 11 of 23

Many thanks. I checked the line again just now and nothing’s working, of course, but now when I dial 17070 there is a response, but the number recorded is different from the one that was assigned to me on 26th. Still wrong, but very similar to mine with only two incorrect digits. Thanks for all your help - I’ll keep checking for updates!

0 Likes

Message 12 of 23

Hi - no, sorry - I’m based in Wales. Hope your Mum gets her line sorted soon though. 

0 Likes

Message 13 of 23

Hi Fritz

I have just posted on your topic on the Community.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

FritzCT
Wise Owl
Private Message
Message 14 of 23

@Jaymaycee please see my post here https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Home-Phone/Home-Phone-Number-changed/m-p/2948385#M153423. somethng very similar has happened to my Mum's line.

Do you by any chance live in the Tadworth area? 

Fritz

0 Likes

Message 15 of 23

Hi Jaymaycee

I will add to the notes on your account to advise that the fault started on 26th January.

Further information on compensation can be found here About your auto compensation credit

0 Likes

Message 16 of 23

Thanks for that, Debbie. Hope OR sort it out soon! It’s been a week now, so I should be eligible for compensation. Worries me though that although I reported the fault on 26th Jan, I’ve had to re-open it repeatedly because they couldn’t detect that my internet isn’t working, so I kept getting the message that it was ‘looking good’ even though I haven’t been able to use it since my landline was changed. So they may not recognise that this has been an ongoing fault since 26th Jan and therefore think I’m not entitled to compensation! 

0 Likes

Message 17 of 23

Hi Jaymaycee

I've checked and this fault is still in hand with Openreach, there are no additional updates at the moment.

I will continue to monitor the fault for further updates.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 18 of 23

Hi Jaymaycee

No problem 🙂

I will keep you updated.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Jaymaycee
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 19 of 23
  • Thanks so much, Debbie! 

Message 20 of 23

Hi Jaymaycee

I'm really sorry to hear this.

The line tests have detected a potential fault and this has been passed straight over to Openreach to be investigated by a line engineer.

I will continue to monitor for additional updates and I will post back on this thread.

Thanks

Debbie