cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Phone / Answerphone

DaveM54
Team Player
Private Message
Message 2 of 2

I have previously reported this to TalkTalk but it seems it has never been resolved.

I seem to be getting a lot of spam calls. The problem is, a lot of them are automated calls, when I get one of these and I am not in it goes to answerphone, it then stays connected to this for a long time but just leaves an empty message effectively. When this happens it cuts off my landline so that when someone else phones me afterwards it immediately goes straight to answerphone without ringing my landline. I only find out this as happened when I pick up the phone and there is no dialling tone or the answerphone dialling tone, or someone dials my mobile and tells me my landline isn't working. To clear it I have to go to 1571 and listen to the messages and clear them. When once I do this I then get a dialling tone. I check its then receiving calls properly by dialling home from my mobile. TT support didn't seem to know or didn't understand what to do to fix this. I asked if perhaps turning off the answerphone service might solve the problem. They said I can do this in my account. When I looked into doing this I found you can only turn off the enhanced answerphone service in your account. There is no way of turning off the basic free answerphone service in you're account. What can I do about this problem? 

DaveM54
0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 2

Hi DaveM54

I have requested that voicemail is removed ASAP,  i would suggest activating callsafe to deter spam callers. 

Regards

0 Likes