Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request from TalkTalk to book an appointment for an Openreach engineer to make a home visit.

wmckie20
Team Player
Message 6 of 6

Hi,

A week ago (Monday 25/4/2022) I reported a fault with my landline - it was completely dead, no dial tone, no calls in or out, broadband ok - I was advised by text (from 07378905544) and email that a fault had been found and that in 2-3 days an engineer would attend to the problem and that no home visit was required at this point. By Thursday evening the land line was back working so problem solved.

Yesterday I got a text from the same mobile number as above and an email asking that I make an appointment for an Openreach engineer to visit because:

"we've discovered a fault in your area and need to send an engineer to your home to fix it"

The message gave a link to book the visit (talktalk.co.uk/bookengineer), I’ve tried this link several times but can't book any dates because all dates are shown as "unavailable", also the text on the page mentions charges being levied for a home visit. Also in the text was an option to reply to the message which I did and got two replies both asking for information - home number, full name, account number, post code - which all seems VERY SUSPICIOUS since if this text is really from TalkTalk you already have this information.

This all seems very odd, could someone from TalkTalk please look into this for me please and advise on what I should do.

Thanks

Walter
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

No problem Walter, if you experience any further problems just let us know 🙂

Chris

0 Likes

wmckie20
Team Player
Message 2 of 6

Hello again @Chris-TalkTalk,

Thank you for clarifying things, I appreciate you taking the time to find out what happened.

Cheers

Walter

Walter
0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Looking at the notes, the issue was linked to a general network issue affecting a number of customers. When this issue was resolved I think your problem was also fixed but automated response to arrange an engineer visit was generated. I think if you had have arranged an engineer visit it probably would have been cancelled following line tests

And no, all dates can't be unavailable, not sure why they were showing unavailable for you

Chris

0 Likes

wmckie20
Team Player
Message 4 of 6

Thanks for the quick reply@Chris-TalkTalk, I'm puzzled by why the request to book an engineer was thought necessary. Also is there a problem with TalkTalk's online booking system? Surely all the dates can't be unavailable.

I'll take no further action.

Thanks

Walter
0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 6

Hi wmckie20,

There is a note on the system saying that you've been sent a text to arrange an engineer visit but if the issue has now been resolved then just ignore it. Apologies for any confusion

Chris

0 Likes