cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

home telephone

germainep68
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 3

My home phone line has not been sorted.  I did ask for a new number not the old number

Now my phone is not receiving incoming calls and United Utility will be disconnecting the phone line by 25/08/24.

There has obviously been a mixup, as when i spoke to a guy a while ago, about my connection said he would sort out the transfer of the line and phone number.  I did state i would prefer a new number as I get lots of nuisance calls.

Please help, I did talk to a assistant online who said i would need to pay £1 which i would get back.  Put me through to the number and upon reading it asked for £24 a month thereafter.  Please look into this also.

Can this be sorted as a matter of priority please.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Hi germainep68 

I'm showing your line active from 12th, and can see your broadband is connected and online.

Is your phone connected to the same phone socket as you broadband ?

All tests are clear, can you connect your phone direct to the 'Test Socket' if you have one and see if there is a clear dial tone ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

Switches work best when you keep the old phone number. If not, you need to be sure that the old number is cancelled by telling your previous provider directly, @germainep68.

Otherwise the switch won't have the effect of cancelling the United Utility account, and you may continue to receive bills from them.

So check thinks at that end.

Was "the guy" via Chat, phone?

What was the £1 for?

What number were you put through to? Did you get a new phone number in the end?

£24 sounds very reasonable but we don't know what package you are on and what it's supposed to cover.

So we need clearer information from you, @germainep68, and please make sure that you have completed your community forum profile details for Talktalk staff to identify your account. 

Go via your avatar; settings; drop down menu. Personal Information. Add your Talktalk account number in there. SAVE CHANGES. 

Staff will respond during the day, Monday to Friday. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes