cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

land line problems

swtc44
Team Player
Private Message
Message 25 of 25

Having huge problems with my landline since having full fibre installed. Started with caller display or not because I sometimes get the number displayed, sometimes, same number same locality but more times than enough it says new call. Then I am having problems with what I call silent calls, these come through at 5  mins past the hour and 35 minutes to the hour 24 hours a day but the phone does not ring. It says missed call 48 times a day. I have tried the chat agents who promise it will be sorted many many times but nothing changes. I have caller display switched on as well as call safe, I have no telephone number to be able to block and if I am quick to answer the phone no-one is on the other end, just another missed call. At the end of my tether now, even tried getting a new phone but no difference. Please someone tell me what to do please.

0 Likes
24 REPLIES 24

Message 1 of 25

Hi

If you start your own thread (new message), we’d love to help.

We’ve found that posting in someone else’s conversation makes it harder to follow when looking for an answer.

It’s easier and quicker if we can chat with you in a single thread, if you start your own thread, that will keep our community organised and help others with a similar problem.

Check your home phone number or account number are also added to your Community Profile as that will really help us to find your details quicker.

Thanks

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

JASHEP
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 25

No dialing tone on landlines phone

0 Likes

Message 3 of 25

Hi Telephone01,

If you need assistance can you please start your own thread/topic and we'll be happy to help

Chris

0 Likes

Telephone01
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 25

Do I have to keep my telephone line as I do not use my land line,  I use my mobile

0 Likes

Message 5 of 25

That's great news swtc44, thanks for letting me know 

Chris

0 Likes

swtc44
Team Player
Private Message
Message 6 of 25

Well Chris looks like whatever you did worked, I had zero missed calls this morning. Such a relief. Thank you for your patience and your help it was much appreciated.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 25

OK thanks, we'll look into it and get back to you

0 Likes

swtc44
Team Player
Private Message
Message 8 of 25

I had high hopes as it seems I was doing something but I had missed calls at 10.44am and again at 11.05am so it seems same as usual.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 25

Hi swtc44

Thank you. Please let us know how you get on.

Debbie

0 Likes

swtc44
Team Player
Private Message
Message 10 of 25

Sorry for the delay, "page not responding" again. I will do as you request and will switch off OTN and router for longer than 30 minutes. See you on the other side.

Message 11 of 25

OK thanks. Could you switch  the ONT and router off and leave them off for at least 30 minutes, then switch back on and retest

Thanks

Chris

swtc44
Team Player
Private Message
Message 12 of 25

Yes Chris, still coming in, the last one was 9.05am so expecting another at 9.35am.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 25

And those missed calls are definitely after I posted yesterday?

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

swtc44
Team Player
Private Message
Message 14 of 25

Sorry Chris everything is not ok this morning, I got up to 31 missed calls and counting. Back to the drawing board.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 25

The missed call every 30 minutes should now be resolved, could you monitor this evening and let me know if everything is now OK

Chris

0 Likes

Message 16 of 25

OK thanks. I try to get the missed call every 30 minutes issue resolved. I've asked one of our network engineers to take a look, I'll let you know when I receive an update

Chris

0 Likes

swtc44
Team Player
Private Message
Message 17 of 25

I only have one device, a desk top that I have had for about a year. If it was my pc wouldnt I have the same trouble with all of my browsing?. It took 7 waits before I could answer this question.

0 Likes

Message 18 of 25

Do you get the same issue on more than one device?

0 Likes

swtc44
Team Player
Private Message
Message 19 of 25

I use Microsoft edge normally Chris but yesterday I tried Duck Duck go and still couldnt connect with TT.

0 Likes

Message 20 of 25

Which internet browser are you using. Have you tried more than one internet browser?

Chris

0 Likes