cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Super Safe disappeared from PC and now unable to download - something has gone wrong message

ANSWERED
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Sandrayla
Popular Poster

Hi

My supersafe F Secure has disappeared from my PC - all short cuts gone and any apps  - I tried reinstalling from F Secure account within my TalkTalk account for at least 10 tries but it will not install and I just get  the message "something has gone wrong please restart". I have windows 10  which is up to date. I have turned off rapport banking protection, but this makes no difference.

Tried contacting TalkTalk via telephone and got through to tec person but they are unable to help as they have there own issues with stuff not working and to try again in three hours!!!

Any ideas/suggestions on what I can try next as having no protection is not ideal and I would like to sort this out asap.

Highlighted
fr8ys
Community Star

Hi,

I'd suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the program as there may be a conflict on your PC soemwhere.

To do this you will need to log into your f-secure account (the password should be the same as for My Account, unless you have changed it) and release any licence that applies to your PC. 

Next run the F-secure uninstall tool. This will remove any traces of the programme from your computer and hopefully allow a clean installation. The tool can be found here.

Then from your f-secure account install the programme again on your PC.

Once done and if you are still having issues, run check for windows update and once done (even if says up to date), shut down the PC and restart. Then re-run the Check Windows update. Others have reported that some parts of windows require a restart before some others can be installed and once all updates installed the issue with F-secure was cured.

Hope this helps, but if you still have issues then let us know and I'll flag for further assistance.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps others and saves OCE's time to look at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve.
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Sandrayla, fr8ys has given great advice. I'd also add that you should try using the Fsecure removal tool to ensure you get a clean start on your install. 

Highlighted
Sandrayla
Popular Poster

Hi

Thanks for your suggetions.

I have tried all these suggestions again today on my Lenovo laptop, Still getting the same result - the program installs to 98% then stops with the with the message "something went wrong" please restart your computer and try again.

So now I have tried reinstalling the program over 11 times via my F Secure account,( I did remove the license for my PC)

I have tried  using Fsecure removal tool but this does not work as I believe the Fsecure program has already disappeared from my PC (i can only assume this was during a Windows update as I do little else on the laptop and I did not uninstall it)  I suppose it could be that when the Fsecure program disappeared, however that happened, it left something behind that is causing a conflict and preventing the program reinstalling.

I only noticed the program was missing as I got a warning saying I needed to update my antivirus manually and so I tried looking for the program to perform a manual update I could not locate the program - it had totally vanished. I even checked my desktop computer (which also runs Windows 10) to verify what icon I was looking for as I could not believe it was missing. That is when i tried reinstalling via my Fsecure account. I have also checked that I am up to date with the Windows 10 updates and done restarts and checked again. Nothing is working so I am at a loss as to what to try next.

Thanks for your assistance.

Highlighted
fr8ys
Community Star
Solution

It does sound as if you may have an issue on your laptop as you can't get the removal tool to work. This is designed to run whether or not you have the programme installed as it runs to find any vestige of it and remove if found. 

I'd try it again as it should work, allowing a clean install.

If also suggest searching for Malwarebytes, which is free, and running this to see if you have any unwanted malware installed which may be causing a conflict.

I've escalated this for you in case the OCE can suggest anything else.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps others and saves OCE's time to look at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve.
Highlighted
Sandrayla
Popular Poster

Thanks again for the advice.

I did try using Fsecure removal tool again but it still did not work.

I did install Malwarebytes and quarantined 10 pups and tried again to install Fsecure but with no luck - still get the same message

Next I installed Kaspersky free antivirus and performed a full scan but did not find any problems.

Highlighted
Community Team

What does the removal tool say/do when it's not working?

Highlighted
Sandrayla
Popular Poster
Hi
I have tried the removal tool again today and it worked and I have successfully reinstalled f secure. Horray! Hopefully it will stay installed this time and not disappear from my laptop.
Highlighted
Community Team

That's great. Thanks for posting back to let us know it's sorted.