cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile support

For any questions about your TalkTalk mobile service.

Is Wifi calling available on TalkTalk Mobile

davekel
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 13 of 13

I have a Samsung A33 5G mobile phone which should support wifi calling however I cannot find the option anywhere on the phone and I gather the phone should support it. (Tried in settings: connections, phone app and just about everywhere it might be after doing a search) 

I'm on a TalkTalk mobile plan so I am guessing it's not supported by TalkTalk mobile but looking for a definitive answer on this. Any help greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Might be in a different menu 

1. Open the Phone app .
  2. Tap More. Settings.
  3. Tap Calls.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 13

@Arne-TalkTalkthanks for the help.

My screens are slightly different to those screenshots shown but the structure and most content is the same. But where they show the option to turn on wifi calling, that is definitely missing for me. It's not available in the Settings/Connections nor is it available in the Phone App Settings either.

I guess for what ever reason the phone OS won't present me an option to turn it on.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 13

if you google "Samsung A33 wifi 5g calling" it will take you to the page.

Message 4 of 13

@Arne-TalkTalk, I couldn't get the link in your earlier reply to take me anywhere to see what differed from Talktalk's own advice page.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 5 of 13
0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 13

Have you asked Samsung? They have a support centre.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 13

@Arne-TalkTalk many thanks for the reply.

I just cannot find the option at all. My phone is actually using android 13 but even still seaching the web shows that the option should be in the settings of the phone app but for me it isn't. So it's either a bug or I need to enable something unobvious in order to make this capability available.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 13

Thanks @Gliwmaeden2 unfortunately it didn't make a difference. Appreciate the help though.

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 13
0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 13

It should not have anything to do with the phone plan you are on, @davekel.

I have my mobile data perpetually switched off, except if out and about using Google maps. 

See if anything changes if you switch off mobile data altogether. 

0 Likes

Message 11 of 13

Many thanks for the reply  @Gliwmaeden2  I had searched and came across similar information, but for me I just do not get the option to enable wifi calling and so I am at a loss and the only possibility being that for some reason talktalk mobile didn't offer it but I had seen other talktalk mobile users say they did have it so I was thinking I was just missing something (such as having my plan enabled for this feature for example).

So still at a loss as to why I don't get an option to enable wifi calling.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 13

Fairly comprehensive instructions here, @davekel.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/About-Wi-Fi-Calling/ta-p/2466099

Don't forget that there's a forum search engine  - useful for finding this sort of information. 

On my own (Samsung) phone there's a 3 vertical dot menu (not a special app) and you will find this sort of thing under settings. 

Screenshot_20231127-212744_Call settings.jpg

0 Likes