cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online security

Get answers and information about our security products.

Account email change back to one previously used

BartyA
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 10

Due to security reasons I wish to change my account email address. I want to use an address that I had when I had an account with TT many years ago.  I am asking because when I returned to TT I was told that I would have to provide a different address ( which I did ) but I now want to revert back.   Any ideas if this is possible ?

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

@BartyA, please never post personal information details in the public thread. 

To PM, click on @Arne-TalkTalk's name and you will find the option to send a private message (not an email).

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Private Message TalkTalk

Message 2 of 10

Hi Arne,  The email address I used 10 years ago and want to revert back to is :- XXXXX REMOVED FOR SECURITY REASONS If you can get that released for me that would be great as I really want to dump Gmail because of issues I've had.  Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

@BartyA Ok , can you PM me the full email address and I can try to release it as its not one of ours. 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

That's my understanding, sorry. You will need to wait for a definitive answer when the support team are back online tomorrow. 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Hi, That's what they told me some 10 years ago --- Can someone give me a reason why as I do not want to create a new email address and I do want to dump Gmail !

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

You cannot use the same email address on a new account as you did on an old one. 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

My original email BEFORE I left TT was a BTinternet one --When I re-joined I was told I could not re-use this one and I created a Gmail address. I now want to close the Gmail for security reasons ans would rather like to use my old BTinternet one 

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 10

Hi BartyA

Was it a domain then we own? e.g. @talktalk.net/ @Tiscali as Fr8ys has mentioned its not possible to use any domain we own for My Account. 

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 10

For security reasons TalkTalk no longer allow TalkTalk domain email addresses to be used as part of the sign-on procedure to My Account.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes